Strange sound after Vais installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dealer install the Vais unit a couple of weeks ago. By mistake the unit was programed for CD emulation so I don't have text support.

At the same time we agreed that I have the booming exhaust syndrome and the dealer ordered the parts for me. Thanks to this board the discussion on this issue took less than a minute once I point them to the TSB

So I will be going back soon to fix the exhaust and reprogram the Vais for MD emulation.

Problem is since the Vais installation a strange buzzing/electical sound appears from time to time, it comes from behind the navigation screen. The situation is worst at higher engine rpm, I can actually control the sound with the gas pedal. Im sure it comes from the stereo and it is there even without the ipod connected but the radio plays

Any help to point them to the correct direction would be appreciated

Dealer install the Vais unit a couple of weeks ago. By mistake the unit was programed for CD emulation so I don't have text support.

At the same time we agreed that I have the booming exhaust syndrome and the dealer ordered the parts for me. Thanks to this board the discussion on this issue took less than a minute once I point them to the TSB

So I will be going back soon to fix the exhaust and reprogram the Vais for MD emulation.

Problem is since the Vais installation a strange buzzing/electical sound appears from time to time, it comes from behind the navigation screen. The situation is worst at higher engine rpm, I can actually control the sound with the gas pedal. Im sure it comes from the stereo and it is there even without the ipod connected but the radio plays

Any help to point them to the correct direction would be appreciated

you are getting interference most likely due to wires touching/crossing. Got back and find the plug for the Vais unit and make sure your wires are sorted. Each major harness can be isolated with some electrical tape. In the back of the Nav (in case you weren't there when it was unhooked) there are a dozen or so harnesses that plug into the Nav. Each one is tidy and the plugs are unique to only one place on the Nav. Since there are a million wires back there, try wrapping each major harness/bundle in tape and that may help. The wires often get jammed back there which will cause feedback.

pm me if you want me to talk you through it. Hopefully, it will help and it is a 10cent solution.

thanks alot

this is helpfull.

I was not there when they did the Vais installation but will ask them to make sure that everything is sorted and insulated when they go back to do the reprogramming.

Interenstingly today both going and coming from work everything work fine, no strange sounds at all.

if they cannot fix it I might decide to take things in my own hands, then will pm.

thanks again

If you had no noise today, there is a good chance that the offending wire moved all on its own. If you haven't taken your Nav apart before, PM me and I can share what I did. I managed to do it on my own without scratching or breaking anything. (and I am a moron).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom