Strange Key Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000UZJ

Where's My Hammer?
Threads
Yesterday my key started acting funny. Here are my problems

-Unlock button will not work wirelessly, every other button works fine.
-When you put the key in the door (but not turn it) the unlock button works (lights flash) but the doors do not unlock.
-When key is in ignition on "ACC" or "batt" I can hear the clicking of the lights as they flash, but no unlock.
-Lock button works fine, panic button works.
-All door locks work fine and cycle when using the button on the door.

And another strange observation is when I shut the door and start the truck, lock the doors with the door button, and then shut the truck off, when I remove the key the driver door unlocks. It never did that before, and the lights never flashed when I pushed the unlock button (on key) when it was in the ignition... So now I have to stick the key in the door and turn it to get in, not a big deal, but kind of a hassle when you have your hands full and its 85* and 800% humidity. I replaced the battery 2 months ago.

:confused::confused:

Sounds like your factory defaults reset, and your key needs to be re-introduced to your alarm system. Perhaps something to do with replacing your battery?

Sounds like your factory defaults reset, and your key needs to be re-introduced to your alarm system. Perhaps something to do with replacing your battery?

how would one "introduce" the key again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom