Strange happenings with rear hatch lock actuator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1st off let me state for the records that I have an aversion to anything electrical. That being said I'm trying to figure out a weird situation with the rear hatch lock (I suspect). Whenever I open the rear hatch glass it auto locks all the doors and I notice that the brake lights will flicker every 20-30 seconds much like when the alarm is set but not as bright. One last observation is that the overhead light that was retrofitted will come on dim when set to come on when doors open but will come on at full blinding brightness (LEDs) when manually turned on.

My first instinct was a bad door switch but I can't locate it... Anyone have any ideas on where to start?

I know people have reported issues on occasion with the cabling connecting the hatch and the body up at the top under the hatch by the hinges. The one cable on the left might run into the body and connect to the add-on dome light maybe? That would be one place to check, as would any other add-on wiring.

Another place to check for weird electrical issues are the grounds. They get corroded or damaged and can create some weird effects Hard to say where to begin there expect by looking up the circuits involved in the EWD and verifying the grounds indicated are OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom