strange ghosting sound when turning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting a strange ghosting sound when I turn out of my driveway when I first start the truck. Doesn't happen any other time then when I first start the truck and am turning.

There are no adverse affects or other symptoms. Only way I can describe it is as a ghosting sound. Also sounds like a tire rubbing on fender but I have plenty of clearance.

Any ideas?

Sounds like you might be a tad low on ATF fluid in your power steering reservoir. Check the level prior to driving it (cold) and then after driving it for awhile (hot). Verify the level is within specs on the dipstick.

maybe post up a video of the sound?

maybe post up a video of the sound?
Thanks. I'll try. But its faint and quick. I'll check the power steering fluid. Any immediate danger of continuijgntk drive the truck?

Sounds like you might be a tad low on ATF fluid in your power steering reservoir. Check the level prior to driving it (cold) and then after driving it for awhile (hot). Verify the level is within specs on the dipstick.
I didn't know the tranny and PS used the same fluid.

Looks like I am a bit low. I tested it an hour after getting home from work, so it wasn't completely accurate (not hold or cold). I'll have to check this weekend. Can I just top off with a bit or whats the procedure? Also I'm wary of assuming thats the issue because it ONLY happens on the first "turn" when I start the truck, no other time.

Yes, top it off. It does not take too much fluid to overfill the reservoir. Use a turkey baster/syringe if you over fill it (to remove excess fluid). Any local parts store will have some DEXRON ATF.

Attachments

• Power Steering Fluid Check.pdf
    120.2 KB · Views: 146

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom