strange engine noises UDPATE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I realize this is going to be s a shot in the dark but maybe some keywords will set off alarms with some of you. My engine has been sounding and running a little strange. Plenty of power, idles smooth, no codes, fuel trim is on the money...but it just runs rough, like it has a gurgle to it. Its hard to describe but here goes:

under load it sounds more like a chewbaca growl vs the regular I6 moo. It doesn't do it without a load and it seems to come and go but its here more than it used to be. Sometimes there is a legit vibration along with it. Everything is greased up, wheels balanced, ujoint are new. power is there. It seems to do it less under hard acceleration but its still there.

Vacuum leak? carbon in the intake? any thoughts?

Mine was similar to that when it needed plugs and wires. Think was just mild misfire..

I've got plugs, wires and a new cap waiting to go in. Guess its time to get that done! I was thinking it could be spark, thanks.

UPDATE: it got worse again and then REALLY worse, acting like a bad injector. I found that the EGR had melted another injector wire.
Question - is there going to be a detriment to splicing a replacement wire of the same AWG to replace the bad section? Are the injectors very sensitive to resistance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom