Store and preserve? Or continue to dd it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice Cruiser!

You drive that 2 miles and shut it down, twice a day. You will kill it. Engines don't like that.

Cheers
So don’t dd it then? Store it?
Guess I’ll ride my bike. Don’t want to buy a beater/commuter, cuz I like driving the 80...that was kind of the point of this thread.
On colder mornings the heater is not even warm yet by the time I get to work.
I’ve found that 0w40 synthetic is best.

Last edited:
Nothing personal but I think its kind of silly buying/owning a car that you love and choosing not to drive it, but to each his own. My target is not low miles but putting the most miles that I can and enjoy it while it lasts. Always love when someone reports putting 300k, 400k or more miles on their rig......fullfiled potential. Ima get on mine right now and drive it around!

Thanks for the input everyone. I’ve decided to keep daily driving it. I know the short commute is hard on it but I’d rather throw money at it in maintenance than into another car.
so next up is oil change and tire rotation then new seats!!:)

Not driving your cruiser to keep it nice is like not boning🍆 your wife :princess:to keep her fresh for the next dude! Drive it, enjoy it, we own these rigs for a reason.

Not driving your cruiser to keep it nice is like not boning🍆 your wife :princess:to keep her fresh for the next dude! Drive it, enjoy it, we own these rigs for a reason.
Ok. That’s quite a bold analogy! But I have decided to keep it!

You should consider riding a bike or beater to work and take the cruiser out on weekends or intentionally take the long way to and from work. At least two people have stated your short commute is terrible for your cruiser or any vehicle for that matter. I also have the joy of being 5 min away from my place of work. I intentionally ride my bike instead and take the cruiser out for long strolls on the weekend and stretch her legs. WOT and get the engine up to temp, burn up those deposits. @BILT4ME has a good saying in his sig line...

You should consider riding a bike or beater to work and take the cruiser out on weekends or intentionally take the long way to and from work. At least two people have stated your short commute is terrible for your cruiser or any vehicle for that matter. I also have the joy of being 5 min away from my place of work. I intentionally ride my bike instead and take the cruiser out for long strolls on the weekend and stretch her legs. WOT and get the engine up to temp, burn up those deposits. @BILT4ME has a good saying in his sig line...
Rode my bike today. 👊🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom