Storage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lookin for some type of storage for the cruiser. some place for extra parts, ropes, tools Ect. i like the ammo cans on top of the wheel. the looks good. what do you guys use as storage?

If you don't have a winch there are boxes that go between the frame rails.

Built my own box that my rear seat attaches to...

Tuffy makes things that could be adapted to your truck...

Confer made a rear seat that had under the seat storage too...

Tuffy makes speaker boxes that have lockable storage in them too...I have a pair and they work great.

Good luck!

-Steve

I have in the plans,,, a box that spans the open space between the wheel wells,, aluminum top, lockable, etc,, if it goes right I will have a tail gate that folds out to make a bed and a table,,, no pics or drawings but just an idea right now

These were conifer (sp?) boxes we ran on our old 40. I liked the boxes a lot. They were really strong, well built boxes

I know, the bezel is upside down...
My FJ-40 Landcruiser.jpg

May sound like blasphemy, but check out JeepBox. I think they make them for 40's, if not, get the one for the TJ and it will fit in. I had the Chest Box in mine and it really worked sweet. Kept everything in there and you know it wont come loose if you happen to flop over.

http://www.thejeep.com/jeepbox/

Tuffy makes some sweet stuff for the rear of a fj40. You will have to look in the J*&p section...

The cargo box, with a drop down tailgate and top lid is really sweet. everything that i have that tuffy makes is first class... no affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Their website is good and gives all the dimensions.

Rezarf <><

The problems with chest boxes, as I found out, is that when you need a tool or a part they have all of your camping gear on top of them. The tuffy box has a slide out drawer which is cool , but the box is heavy. I did not want to strt out to heavy as I already carry way to many tools.

I have 2 of the Sears side boxes on top of my fenders and a chest box. The chest box will go when I find a light slide out box that is strong enough to have camping gear packed on top of it.

www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=02876134000

for tools:
i picked a 100 piece craftsman(all metric) set up awhile ago. it came in plastic tool "box", that tucks under the driver seat real nice. pretty nice set actually.

i went with a knaack tool box, 30 inches long and 12h x 12w if i remember right. it can be found at www.knaackbox.com 16 guage steel. i have been happy with it, i mounted it behind my rear heep seat looks good and will fit a spare front axle if angled across top to bottom inside. (i checked while rebuilding my front end) and about 1/2 the cost of tuffy and thats with tool tray. just an option for you to consider. good luck!

3pits said:
I have in the plans,,, a box that spans the open space between the wheel wells,, aluminum top, lockable, etc,, if it goes right I will have a tail gate that folds out to make a bed and a table,,, no pics or drawings but just an idea right now

sounds like my 40, except it doesn't fold you, just a lift up hinged compartment between the wheel wells, divided down the middle

great for tools one side recovery gear the other

or i have a tub that fits it nicely and it holds my wet wetsuits :D

I put sheet of plywood on top of the rear wheelwells with a piece in the middle running from front to back standing on edge for support and a divider. then i put four one inch loop thingys at each corner to tie stuff down with(my spare tire).

Works great for me I can fit ammo cans on one side and tow straps, co2,comealong and whatever else on the other side. the swing out doors keep everything in and handy.

I've got my rear jump seats sitting in the garage,so don't know commfy it would be sitting back there with your legs laid out in front of you.

I used to have this Tuffy Drawer in the back, but wound up getting rid of it, since it was too heavy. I raised the cooler rack (above the Tuffy Drawer), and store my spare tire there now. I still have the Tuffy Jeep side boxes on top of the wheel wells, which I like alot. I also have a Dash Box, in place of the dash pad.

I bought some large military waterproof ammo boxes. They, as well as my large cooler, tent, tools, spares & other camping gear all fit inside this cargo cage. All my gear is locked in from the rear door latch & won't come out in a rollover:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom