AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We can certainly offer a bedlined version of the drawer! I would need to spend a little time playing with that process to get an estimate on what the cost adder would be, but probably similar to the difference between the lined Vs. Unlined platform.

DIY bedlining with the product we have been using isn't necessarily difficult, but it is certainly a time consuming process.

Are you thinking drawer face and the inside of the drawer for bedlining?

Yep. Either the face and inside of drawers (for pure functionality) or possibly including the exterior sides (for cohesive good looks!) as well.

One reason for potentially bedlining all sides including the bottoms and back as well is durability of the drawers during storage. I see in one of your images online that the lower left edge of the left drawer has a ding.

One of the main reasons I love your set up is it is easily confirgurable and storable if I need to switch to hauling life and kids in the back.

I will be placing my order regardless.

Yep. Either the face and inside of drawers (for pure functionality) or possibly including the exterior sides (for cohesive good looks!) as well.

One reason for potentially bedlining all sides including the bottoms and back as well is durability of the drawers during storage. I see in one of your images online that the lower left edge of the left drawer has a ding.

One of the main reasons I love your set up is it is easily confirgurable and storable if I need to switch to hauling life and kids in the back.

I will be placing my order regardless.

Oh you definitely win the eagle eye contest! I actually dropped the drawer onto the cement in my garage during one of the many times I've had the drawer in and out, and was hoping no one would notice!

Good point on the exterior coating for storage purposes, that bedliner has a way of 'bullet proofing' things. I'll get a drawer coated up and see how much liner and time it soaks up to get an idea for cost. Also the bedliner looks pretty awesome, and that counts double! Haha

Reactions: JAW
Happy with my platform. Added some marine-grade edging to protect the outside of the folding panel. I'm just hard on stuff & clumsy. Looks good, I think.

BgUUVHoZGn0rqpUxWVaLbXVBYXFAMlMajERkU6L85yWZR-Zh6CTpPWuvvOVv6oRrpGEW_c2NuNFror-MOzOv-7VZ4EuaVQJg7ZqstqQVIhBFvdVhsfVuPp-u8_9KYEcUnrp2jlXfANwOqwVrO02CycUrnrhzGZxnXb3Me_w-pWeTZP4PhOUvFcTVVdKQ0beZjoT2y8y9paIizzajoQa0J7gGnbXWwMlQ6zCi3qsC61RYTEk3rHZCGM_wvmtK2fkjQ8yku4mMl7rS8lZ09yK9ufR06nQb_G5D42bG1QY7gBLzaxZ9ZKL1womVbR9PmXjDpLO7pBhR1SCDHxgyh8wEXR7tl6BKiCeASVLqx0K7QYVMYZtoVLQuX6tKLogyckIIaxd-jBTgCrjZbA_jE1iHKbY-QLSclgKpV5aj5XvThvsa4wwIzdhdmuA22mDGutIs10NdDkQGQ54utC7Onvgzr6Dn89fbH6KtdDp5uMz3D4wxWoPykBqxzeGEc4v56oKd4sdM1X8ODklLhfv7Z44cunQXDdO2GDRbSrYeBnd2xNfMr5iqUSvGNRBsO_cLgmYJOmgi1m-zB9GNumLmfPBibqdfj3mYEhWjRk8Ef3PK8vxx0WErrq5vJCyqOyirVRDQ=w2056-h1542-no

4_JEkbV8rnfSI-xL9AUmWE7AtK2zO6kfhKKl6gaxm55mmcxHKqhV8_BaimQMvrNz4-8Y0XcvXC1DDF1dp9zv6ltiZw_O40ZsHTl-Jyh7bWggpd61evnXL0oOD30_b4M-PDC6W-bbEragonphV41y2EIBHLr9uIHyKxpMi98Jqyituf-QyZzJi4_U0JwPs4z4l3T7HYoSDANogV9dmnGkxBiZXGg3j7iwJlXY8OhI1gg4nAiiYrxLvaPhRkyfo6PuhorgHRFBS3yQMXJ2LGbLfqu9x5jL4jW_TfFlksBqW79y49NA26uljkSU4B_wwj_shX5JqZ_DWFBW41I6cLgNxIm3j0qrAYE29T54wo9ll22KydPwd9ZGA80mUEx6OWiS4GHrsVqNDhUNGHK4nRyvxSw8CTKD24CkMSEATXTiqOwITakw0B7v2Vz5CqtNuOLO0pkFfLPNOKarxo4MVpb6lvgapqqn03Vv63U-CTodCtzK7N55iWc47dk2idgCCgQP7vDQkM-XAPmC-QAtMtHqPtb1_dce0QNgRPYDQhnV__wp3D0UEzHfA119iybkKL-uPIqbuzazi130bdag0sbqyoLBkuAmyuY7bPLpVzeXD2v3cRWQ_rFE4lC89DEPKevj=w2056-h1542-no

Happy with my platform. Added some marine-grade edging to protect the outside of the folding panel. I'm just hard on stuff & clumsy. Looks good, I think.
Awesome! That looks great! That's a great solution for protecting that edge!

0.05 banana install. Grips firmly over the coating, a few taps with a rubber mallet in places...was going to use const adhesive or hot glue to hold it, but not needed (maybe if the ends start lifting?). Tiny bit of rippling on the tight 90 corner, but not an issue for me.

Here's a video showing the process to uninstall the drawers (slides video coming up shortly!). Going to a drawer system is a pretty committing step in terms of cost and vehicle use, so we are trying to keep everything as modular as possible. Allowing the system to be built up as you go and having the ability to easily remove the sleeper, drawers, and the platform as needed has been a primary focus all along. As you can see in the video, removing the drawer itself takes less than a minute. You can leave the slides bolted in for a temporary use of the space under the platform, or you can remove the slides as well which takes another few mins. All together you can have the drawer and slides completely removed in 5 mins or less using only allen wrenches.

Video of removing the drawer slides. These are attached to the upright using a pretty slick extrusion nut that can be rolled into the extursion channel, and is locked in place with a set screw. Anyone that has experience with 8020 and the 'traditional' slide in style nuts will greatly appreciate this! The position of the nut is measured from under the platform, you place and lock in the three nuts and attach the slide. Installation is surprisingly easy using this method.

20180925_072457.jpg

I spent a little time with some Coroplast corrugated sheeting and lanscape fabric staples to organize the drawer. I laid down a piece of carpet and then cut the sheets to fit. I went with a sheet running the length of the drawers so that i can easily divide by adding sheets across the width. Found this little trick on another forum, and it's working great. The corrugated plastic is easy to cut with a box cutter, and you can really get custom with it. Just for fun i made a specific cubby for a whiskey bottle on the last camping trip, gotta keep that nice and safe!

20180927_172509.jpg

20180927_173017.jpg

FYI folks, we've got some inventory built up for the holiday season. We have a Bedlined Sleeper System and a variety of DIY kits ready to go. Lead times are normally 3-6 weeks so get 'em while they're hot 'n ready!

Buy the SS1 — Air Down Gear Up

We also have drawers listed individually. Drawer install and removal takes less than 60 seconds once it's setup so you can keep the space flexible.

In Car packaged.JPG

Packaged.JPG

SS1SL.JPG

What is the process for disconnecting the sleeper from the base? Is it unscrewing the piano hinge?

What is the process for disconnecting the sleeper from the base? Is it unscrewing the piano hinge?

That is correct. Unscrew on the platform side to keep the hinge attached to the sleeper and you should be good to go!

Hi Everyone,
We are offering up a used down-revision platform + sleeper for sale at a significant discount from full price. This is the platform + sleeper that is currently installed in my Cruiser.

This is currently down-rev by a few features and is no longer a current representation for me to use for demonstration/marketing purposes. This platform has been absolutely great but I need to have the latest and greatest in my vehicle. We are offering this platform + sleeper at $800. List price for this system is $1,199, so you'll save enough to pay for a drawer! We are set up to accept cards for payment.

This is currently posted in the classified section with more detail. Let me know if you have any questions!

Kyle - I sent you a PM.
Chad

Damm been looking into getting one but budget is tight right now

Damm been looking into getting one but budget is tight right now

We have been considering offering a simplified version with no wings at a lower price point... With enough interest, this is something we would offer.

Keeping with the modular design theme of the SS1, we could offer a base model with no wings and have wings available for an add on purchase later.

Kyle,

This looks like the ideal answer for me, but I usually travel with a hunting dog in a kennel, which would not allow me to have the full width platform. I thought of making my own platform the width of the 60% side of the second row seats, but that is still too wide for the kennel. Have you thought of offering a single 50% width platform? Ideally with the sleeper extension, as it should be wide enough for a single occupant on a MegaMat?

Thanks,

Todd

I've become pretty interested in the SS1 - wondering if you guys have a timeline for the carpeting how-to as well as any pics of the system using the risers to get the 16" depth under platform?

I've become pretty interested in the SS1 - wondering if you guys have a timeline for the carpeting how-to as well as any pics of the system using the risers to get the 16" depth under platform?

I'll need to re-do a carpeting how to, first attempt was with far too thick of a carpet! I have different carpeting material (available at home depot for about $20) and will carve out some time for a how to.

As for the custom 17" height, here are a few installed pics with the taller uprights. This install worked out pretty well, all the angles and clearances still worked at this height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom