Storage platform/Bed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As I looked around for what to do in the back of my LX, I couldn't find exactly what I needed. I was originally inspired by PhotoGod's Rig, in many ways, the platform was a big one. Unlike Photogod, I needed to be able to cart 4-5 peeps around, but only need to sleep two plus hound.

So off I went to figure out the convertible platform that fits behind the 2nd row but will accomodate two people. Unfortunatly, as short as I am 43" wasn't enough. So, I created a sliding platform to accomodate a full size person, or my short ass. It is late and the pics aren't good, I promise better later, but here is a taster.

The clamps and the strap are temporary while getting all the dimensions and kinks worked out. I'm now awaiting clevis pins, sheet metal screws, and a couple odds ends. I'll post up the computer model later, cuz I'm a dork.
152739969_502308890_0.jpeg
152744254_502323917_0.jpeg

Nice tailgate armor! Nutserts are your friend :mad: ! Did you remove the second row seats or rol them forward? I think you should make it talller and you could sleep two under and two on top ;) If your using 3/4" I would extend the top to the sides of the rear pannels to give you a lot of top space to use, and, I think you are going to end up with 1/4 diamond plate instead of 1/8" but that's just me. It's looking pretty good! tons of storage, and there is never enough.

I saw it on Monday but I was so sick I wanted to leave as soon as I could. Got my Engel45 today, he, he, he. Now I need to redo my deck to fit it in. Keep the photos comming. :cheers:

Pretty nice. I am thinking the same thing with the bed, but keeping the rear seats at the same time. Are you going to be able to fit an Arb/Engel fridge under the deck though?

I have 13" of clearance between the frame and the floor board. So if the arb/engel is short enough it could fit, but from what i've seen they are a fair bit taller. But, I could be wrong and usually am.

Photogod,

So, you sold an organ to afford that fridge, finally. When are you installing the drawer glides for it?

The wings are going on next week. I'm picking up the piano hinges today so that the wings can be accessed while on the deck. I think I'm going to hinge a foot of the forward deck so that I can keep the front seats at a normal distance and drive with the bed mostly extended. The second row is folded down in this setup.

The Nutserts, were a pain in the nuts! worst welds ever. I think you need to stand on that 1/8" and see how strong it really is. I am getting some rubber trim to cover the metal edges on the tailgate to protect from rubs and stuff!

Lets get together, soon, I need to install some cig outlets in the center console!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom