STOLEN STOLEN : White 2012 GX460, stolen near Montreal (Reward $1500 CAD) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Really sorry to post this and I hope it's Ok ...

My newly bought white GX460 Ultra Premium has been stolen at Montreal, QC, Canada near Jarry Park. It's stock. I had planned to get it ready for overland this year .... I just had it registered this week ... Please contact the police on myself if you have any information.

There is a $1500 CAD for the person who finds it, calls the police and help to retrieve it (only if retrieved).

554f2f2a-23f2-46a9-8e79-0f7d8dbb349f.jpg
ae9aed5c-8ff7-4ee4-ac0d-70cd276426cc.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that...
Next time you can also use the "Club" steering wheel lock or something like that. I know, it's a pain in the arse, but if you can't garage your vehicle, then this helps.
Although the Faraday case works too. I keep a second fob in my vehicle as a spare, and a hard key hidden on the exterior. The key fob is kept in a Faraday case.
I lost my key at Disneyland a year ago or so. Didn't realize it until the end of the day and went to unlock my rig. There was ABSOLUTELY nothing I could do. I call Lexus and their response was "Have it towed to the nearest Lexus dealer and wait until the next day for a new key." :flipoff2: that!
I eventually had to call my daughter and have her come and get us. Some 40 miles each way. I suppose it could have been worse and been out of state somewhere and have it happen...
Anyways, that's when I came up with the plan on how to keep a hidden key on my rig.

Hello everyone, sorry if I don't reply. I am reading all your posts but the cops said I have 2-3 days to find it before it disapears completely. I am trying every thing possible to find it.

Hope you can get it back man. That really sucks.

Last edited:
Good luck, hope it's found quickly!

I've always been curious, what happens if it isn't found? Do you have "full coverage" as we call it in the states, or automotive insurance that will reimburse you?

I keep checking in hoping that you've got some good news to share on this...

Flip that’s bad luck. Hope you find that car looked really clean. In my experience with stolen cars if you don’t get it back in the first few hours you don’t want it back. It gets trashed and pulled to pieces that it will never be the same again. Sorry about your car.

Really sorry to hear about your car. I know you had big plans for it, so I hope it turns up unharmed.

When my friend's car was stolen, we all kept an eye out on Craigslist, cars.com, Facebook, and other places where used cars are typically sold. It wouldn't hurt to check those on a daily basis to see if it turns up.

Hello everyone !

It's time for me to stop looking after my GX460. Chances of finding it are now very slim, it might be in very bad condition and well, life must go on !

It's also time to thank you all ! I couldn't replied to each one, but I've read all your messages. There were several hundreds of them. Your messages, your advice and your help have allowed me to stay positive and now to see a bright futur ! Some of you shared my post, some of you gave me very good advice and some helped track down GX460s in Montreal. Know that I really appreciate what you've done. Thank you so much !

A lot has been done to track down the stolen car during this 4 days. The basics, of course, but also, Lexus tried to locate the car, many people from groups and communities where made aware, we able to cover many spots where stolen vehicles are found, including harbors, airport and other industrial zones, we were able to track down some GX460 in the area and check if those were not mine. There are no regrets to have !

There are some lessons to learn from this; First, modern car are easy to steals. Second, tagging a car is the first thing to do when buying it, it must be done even before bringing it home. Third thing, which is a bit disturbing, Carfax and other stolen car database are not up to date.

I am lucky because, I chose a good insurance. They are normally going to cover everything. I am lucky because I had planned to add expensive equipment which was probably not going to be cover, that include a roof tent, which is now sitting in my backyard (some of you know ...). I am lucky because now I know how to protect my futur car.

Despite the bad experience, the outcome is not that bad ! The overland project is still on. It will just be delay, time to find a other rigs and make sure this never happens again !

Again, many thanks to all of you !

Samir

PS : you guys were specially great here, on ih8mud forum !

Sorry for the loss but glad to hear your insurance company and many others have been working with you. hope you find something even better to share with us when the time comes.

Sorry to hear that it's going down as a loss, but that's honestly for the best. Will you be picking up another GX460 or are you going to go another direction now that you've been given the chance?

Not knowing where you live, but if crime is an issue in your neighbor hood, I'd suggest NOT putting that RTT on, adding wheels or anything else until you can garage your rig!
I'd also add BRIGHT proximity lights, sensors and cameras (High Def) to structures overlooking your driveway.

Good luck, hope it's found quickly!

I've always been curious, what happens if it isn't found? Do you have "full coverage" as we call it in the states, or automotive insurance that will reimburse you?

Yes, they offered full coverage plus and the premium was not that high so I said yes (Hopefully!). Even better, I choose to have a big deductible because in 18 years driving I only had broken glass and a small non responsible accident, but the car being considered a total loss, they don't apply the deductible ! At the end, I just lost a few items in the car, the rest is fully covered at the price I paid !

Really sorry to hear about your car. I know you had big plans for it, so I hope it turns up unharmed.

When my friend's car was stolen, we all kept an eye out on Craigslist, cars.com, Facebook, and other places where used cars are typically sold. It wouldn't hurt to check those on a daily basis to see if it turns up.

Yes, it's a good idea. I realized it's not registered as stolen on carfax and other database. just on the Canadian Police Database. So yes, they could try and sell it and then disappear ...

Sorry to hear that it's going down as a loss, but that's honestly for the best. Will you be picking up another GX460 or are you going to go another direction now that you've been given the chance?

The GX460 is the perfect compromis for us (confort, reliability, safety, weight, power, consomption and after market parts availability) and it's way easier to find then a Land Cruiser, her in Canada. So yes, we are staying with the GX460 !

How much cost overhead is there to import a 460 from the states? Isn't there a VAT tax?

Selection of 460s is a lot smaller in Canada.

View attachment 2387822

You are right ! And it gets even worst because of the rust. US import was my first idea. For the taxes, it doesn't change much, I believe, because you pay them anyway. The problem is COVID-19, the borders are closed and it's like everything Is way more complicated and take way more time ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom