Stolen red FJ62 Portland Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All-

My red 1988 FJ62 was stolen from in front of my house in southeast Portland July 12 about 6 am. It has a mismatched faded light red tailgate and a big crack in the windshield. I reported it stolen and spoke with a police officer. I called the insurance company. Other than this, does anyone have any suggestions on what i could do to help recover it? Is it worth going to local junk yards and asking around? Any tips on how to proceed would be appreciated! I miss my Cruiser already.

IMG_20150624_074847.jpg

Been a bunch of posts on here from people in your general area who have had their trucks stolen. Quite a few of them were found not too long after they went missing. These trucks are unfortunately very easy to steal.

I’d drive around all the streets in your neighborhood and surrounding areas and see if you come across it. It might have been a joy ride and abandoned somewhere.

Been a bunch of posts on here from people in your general area who have had their trucks stolen. Quite a few of them were found not too long after they went missing. These trucks are unfortunately very easy to steal.

I’d drive around all the streets in your neighborhood and surrounding areas and see if you come across it. It might have been a joy ride and abandoned somewhere.
This is exactly what you need to be doing cops are not going to go looking around for it. Find it then call the cops or if your ballsy enough take your rig back. Watch out for drugs and such inside of it tho.

Another stolen cruiser in Portland.... hmmm.... sorry to hear about that man, this is happening way too frequently out there. Do what’s been suggested and search around the neighborhood. Last person who posted this same story found it a few blocks away. The bums ditched it when it ran out of gas but lived in it for a while. I hope you find it, and if you do look into installing a secondary kill switch to disengage the ignition system. Portland was a great town when I lived there 15 years ago. I’m sad to hear it’s rampant with crime and vehicle theft these days. Good luck.

I just bought a set of Airtags to try, there's a video floating around here about how to remove the speaker as well. won't impede a theft like a kill switch, but it could help you recover your truck.

Invest in precious metals, particularly the ones that move at 2,800 fps.
An exciting, loud, and rapid exchange of ideas can both fix and **** a situation beyond recognition.

Thanks so much everyone. i have been hitting all the worst parts of town looking for it and will keep trying. The police say most are recovered- so really hoping for that. if its not recovered i imagine i will have a fight with insurance company re value. I will cetainly look into kill switch/club/tracker and camera with street coverage. I appreciate the help.

If these assholes knew what a set of 60/62 mud flaps go for they could drink and get high for months, just carrying around a Phillips head screwdriver
They’ll find a way to get high with just the screwdriver itself.

Sorry to hear this. I just had my truck (not my 60) stolen. Clubbed and all. Albuquerque is number one in car thefts. I see Portland is close behind. I know how you feel. Hope you get it back in decent shape.

Another one? With so many stolen cruisers lately you would think that we as a group would do something to stop this from happening. Sorry to hear this but hope you get it back soon with as little damage to it. :( :bang:

Invest in precious metals, particularly the ones that move at 2,800 fps.
How about some less lethal projectile? Like frozen paint balls in a high capacity hopper? ;) :rofl:

How about 240v door handles!

This gun shop I used to frequent, had a pen on the paperwork clipboard that would shock you when you clicked it to fill out FFL papers!

It was hilarious, watching! From the old man table 😂

Bastards got me with it once

I loves me the old-man humor...

"You got Winter or Summer air in those tires, boy?"

My favorite is super gluing a quarter to the floor next to the gum ball machine.
Charge an old condenser and just drop it on the shop floor, enjoy free entertainment.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom