Stolen Fj62 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ugh. My truck was stolen at 5:30 this evening, 12/25/2021, yup Christmas. It was parked on Hattie St. and Market St. in San Francisco. I have a video of the guy stealing it. He appears to have cased it cause he kept the truck between him and the camera at the front of my house.
It is bone stock except for the wheels and tires. It's the champagne color and has every piece of trim still attached. The wheels are Pro Comp series 69- Flat Black, tires are Faulken Wildpeak AT3Ws. Pictures of the truck attached below.
I have been without a truck for a year and decided to get another. I've had it for a week and a half. It had a club on it, and I pulled the coil cable or maybe I grabbed the wrong one in the dark last night? dunno.
If anyone sees please call the police. I filed a report but with these trucks my hopes are not high on getting anything back.
Thanks
Laurence
Front1.jpg
Truck_SideBack.jpg

Lots getting stolen in the west coast lately. Many turning up a neighborhood or few streets away. Go out and explore your area and maybe you will get lucky. Sucks. But good luck 🤞

Thanks, I did make radiating circles out on my way to file the police report. No luck.

Could you see how he got the club off in your camera?

Unfortunately, no. The video angle is from the front passenger side and just after dusk so it was too dark. When someone got into my last truck they used some kind of sawsall to cut the club. I'll post info I gather when I get it back.

Damn. Good luck, man. I’ll keep an eye out over in the east bay. This terrifies me - I’m about to head into the city today. Its an extra hassle but I keep a GPS tracker in my trucks, and always park in garages when I go to SF …. it also sucks that you can’t keep as much as a nickel on your seat as you’ll come back to a broken window. I read a story recently that someone had a smash and grab while they were still inside their car.

Did they pop the hood??? If not I think a wrong wire was pulled. Troubling as that’s a good anti theft measure I thought.. good luck finding it…

SF has gotten bad for theft, smash and grab is very popular. I think I'm going to add a pedal lock as well as a kill switch. ugh.
The wire: yup it was dark, I was in a hurry and thought I'd grabbed the coil wire but thief didn't open the hood so I got the wrong one... I've been mulling that one over for the last 24 hours!

'The Club' is useless, as you sorely found out. Not even much of a visual deterrent as thieves know how easy they are to defeat.

I use two pedal locks, one for clutch, one for gas. A bit of a hassle to put on/take off, but using two makes it that much more difficult (meaning more time) for them to cut.

The problem with pulling a wire is these dirt bags wait for people to park, then watch them put stuff in the truck or whatever, and they know you're trying to hide something valuable.

Good luck. Keep looking.

Last edited:
Damn, sorry to see this. Put the word out on FB and elsewhere to get more eyes on the hunt. Good luck!

Thanks. I put it on Nextdoor, texted my motorcycle cop friend, here, and I called the local taxi Co.s to look for it.

Don't thieves get an all expenses paid trip to Club Med in Kommifornia?

Yeah, unfortunately, vehicle theft has become a low-priority in SF and LA

Most of these stolen Cruisers seem to be found eventually, it just matters how quickly you can find them to avoid damage. Most vehicles are stolen then quickly parked to see if there's tracking, unless you've got some sophisticated s***-bags who know how to scan for trackers.

Super lame. Sorry to hear that happened on Christmas of all days. Scumbags.

Can you believe I have driven to Panama and back three times and not a single thing was ever touched on my very nice Toyotas (Taco & 100)? Let alone the truck stolen. I feel like if I take a Cruiser to SF or PDX or Seattle there is more chance it will get stolen than in Mexico or El Salvador or Honduras!!

Cheers

@blynky

Does the truck still have those Texas plates or New ones?

If you have Kalif plates now, post pix of the lic

That beautiful champagne color and pro-comp wheels! Ouch, I feel like I've been burned just hearing about your loss. I've also heard that many of the trucks stolen in Oregon and Portland are found within a few days not far from home, but this seemed like a more determined thief than your typical tweaker looking for a place to get out of the rain. I'm not sure of the return rate for thefts in downtown SF. I won't be alone looking for anything that remotely smells like this truck and hope you get it back quickly, unscathed. Good luck Blynky.

AirTag

Last edited:
Dude I’m so sorry that happened. What a real loss, it sucks that there are tards out there stealing peoples classics. I’m going to be buying a few AirTags so I can put the in my cruiser.
Good luck🤞

I'm really sorry this happened, but I will say that the three 60/62 owners I know in the Bay who have had theirs stolen over the years (one guy 3 times!) have ALL recovered them, generally within a week or three. All still in the Bay Area. From what I remember the vehicles spent most of their "stolen" period out of gas, illegally parked, and collecting tickets. One had a couch in the back.

So don't think you won't get it back. Cold comfort I know, but don't give up.

The cutting of the Club really sucks though - we have all known for years that it's possible, but most thieves don't go to the trouble for a vehicle that's hard to re-sell like a 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom