Stolen FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FOUND... scroll down for story time..

Stolen today, near Gig Harbor, WA. Keep an eye out for me.

Pretty frustrating as I've put my heart and soul into her... she comes to the name "Daisy".

She has a dancing hula girl on the dash, although she isn't wearing her winter outfit seen below.

Last edited:
Here's the pics

20201126_130531.jpg

20201027_171439.jpg

Last edited:
Lots in your neck of the woods getting stolen and turning up a short time later only a few streets away. Recommend you go scour the side streets

Somebody here in Denver got their 60 stolen and I found it a few miles away parked on a side street. There's hope!

Stolen today, near Gig Harbor, WA. Keep an eye out for me.

Pretty frustrating as I've put my heart and soul into her... she comes to the name "Daisy".

She has a dancing hula girl on the dash, although she isn't wearing her winter outfit seen below.
FOUND! About 10 minutes from where is was stolen. Took a drive this morning and found it in an empty lot. After calling the sheriff and waiting, it started up and drove off into the woods. We panicked and tried to find the outlet. We drove way around in a rural area back to the same lot. After waiting on the sheriff's department, we walked into the property and found it abandoned. Other than the rattle can paint, it's fine
She'll need a little love here and there, but glad to have her back.
20211125_110719.jpg

What the heck, Did they really think a blue can of paint would make it unrecognizable? morons. Glad you have it back!!!!

There are some good cleaners that should take that rattle can off without damaging the base paint.

Glad you got it back. Unfortunately these trucks are very easy to steal. The good news is that people who are stealing them seem to be doing it for a hot ride vs trying to sell or strip for parts.

X2 on getting the spray paint off, not sure about damaging the good paint below, but brake parts cleaner or gas on a rag may get most off.

nice to see you found it.
any other damage other than cosmetic?

X2 on getting the spray paint off, not sure about damaging the good paint below, but brake parts cleaner or gas on a rag may get most off.

nice to see you found it.
any other damage other than cosmetic?
Lost the gas cap, they had to pry the gas door open, cause they didn't know there was a release lever in the cab. Took all my vintage stickers and dancing hula girl off. Messed up the dash pretty good. Otherwise it should be fine.

So do you have any theft prevention on this rig? The hula girl probably got raped and murdered.
It has an after market Clifford alarm system, but.itnhas been acting up, since weren't using it. Hula girl was recovered, but she has been pretty quiet, I am sure she has seen some dark things over the past couple days. They messed up the dash tearing her off. 😡😡😡😡

It has an after market Clifford alarm system, but.itnhas been acting up, since weren't using it. Hula girl was recovered, but she has been pretty quiet, I am sure she has seen some dark things over the past couple days. They messed up the dash tearing her off. 😡😡😡😡
They knew if they left the hula girl it would help someone ID the truck. They had done such an amazing reparation that clearly the hula would t have been the only way to id it

@Neils4him Sucks they trashed the thing, but damn - bet it's nice to have her home. Hopefully the people who took it can be tracked down!

Story time! So we (my dad, cousin and I) went on a drive Thanksgiving morning as the vehicle had been spotted the day prior by two different people on FB in the Home, WA area. We checked out a couple areas that had been suggested by others on FB and took a random through road. Landcruiser people are a little crazy, we can spot a cruiser in the most random areas, in some cases by just seeing a tail light, roof top or front fender. Looking here and there, I caught a glimpse of a white and black SUV. My brain was thinking, "color is wrong". I said, "Stop, that's a Landcruiser, back up." My cousin backed up and sure enough is was an FJ60 Landcruiser, but this one was spray painted black and blue. I got my binoculars out and And the car had no license plate, but it was my cruiser. I said, "That's my car, call 911!" My cousin called 911 and my dad called our law enforcement friend who lives nearby.

Next to my car was a red Honda Civic with someone in it. The vehicles were on an empty lot that had a bunch of trash and junk cars. While we were on the phone, the vehicles realized we were there and started up. My cruiser drove into the woods and the Civic came out on the road and went head on at us and drove around us. We weren't sure if the landcruiser had a way to get out the back of the property so we drove a large loop trying to find it or the red Civic, all while on the line with 911. After a 10 mile loop, we returned to the original property we spotted the car and the red Civic was pulling out again. We took chase, but the Civic was reaching speeds above 80mph so we backed off and drove back to the property. While waiting for the sheriff, my cousin walked into the property and found our beloved Daisy. She had been painted, her stickers were all removed, our dancing Hula girl was missing, she wreaked of cigarette smoke and was full of somebody else's stuff.
I used the hidden key tontry and start her, but she was out of gas. Another friend who lives nearby came with her whole family and a can of gas to save us. Daisy was sitting at a funny angle, so it took about 3 gallons to get fuel to the engine. I put her in 4wheel drive and she came right out.
Having to flee quickly, the thieves left all there stuff, including their court summons for Monday and their most recent intake for treatment. So I called them and arranged return of their stuff, which I put in garbage bags and left in a parking lot.

It was an adventure. Say a prayer for Katie and Anthony.

(The paint all came off with gasoline and lacquer thinner)

20211126_101135.jpg

20211126_110938.jpg

20211125_130240.jpg

20211125_130245.jpg

20211126_171448.jpg

20211126_171841.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom