Stolen FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same think as the stolen 60 I spotted and helped recover for a dude here in Denver: it was a joyride junkie-mobile for a couple days. Pretty sad.

did you really just give hem back there stuff?
I was thinking law enforcement would have been involved.

worst part about this type of stuff, it is very low priority for the police. and it seems to be little repercussion for the crime

glad it is cleaning up

@Neils4him Sucks they trashed the thing, but damn - bet it's nice to have her home. Hopefully the people who took it can be tracked down!

did you really just give hem back there stuff?
I was thinking law enforcement would have been involved.

worst part about this type of stuff, it is very low priority for the police. and it seems to be little repercussion for the crime

glad it is cleaning up
I read through some papers left behind, their life sucks, it was Thanksgiving and I felt bad for them. Yes I was mad, but I got my car back that was irreplaceable. He is a felon, already wanted for possession of a stolen vehicle. I have both of their phone numbers and I am going to check in on them. Police could do nothing, they didn't catch them and your stuff in a stolen car is not enough proof here in Washington.

I read through some papers left behind, their life sucks, it was Thanksgiving and I felt bad for them. Yes I was mad, but I got my car back that was irreplaceable. He is a felon, already wanted for possession of a stolen vehicle. I have both of their phone numbers and I am going to check in on them. Police could do nothing, they didn't catch them and your stuff in a stolen car is not enough proof here in Washington
Glad you got it back. Sad to see what's been happening in WA (esp Seattle area). Loved living there...but left due to the direction the area was going. Police have little support from the elected officials.

I read through some papers left behind, their life sucks, it was Thanksgiving and I felt bad for them. Yes I was mad, but I got my car back that was irreplaceable. He is a felon, already wanted for possession of a stolen vehicle. I have both of their phone numbers and I am going to check in on them. Police could do nothing, they didn't catch them and your stuff in a stolen car is not enough proof here in Washington.
That's the same thing that happened with the stolen 60 here in Denver. Police came and helped the owner, but weren't interested in finding the people who stole it at all. The truck was parked in front of a hotel that accepts vouchers from social welfare organizations, so - not to stereotype, but simply following logic - there was a high likelihood they were in the hotel. Cops didn't care.

You're right though - the people who stole your vehicle and the ones who stole the 60 here (judging by the meth pipes and needles that were found) definitely have a s***ty life. Charging them with a[nother] crime is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone. Clearly in your case they are facing jail time and have already been there in the past. That hasn't been a wake up call for them yet so what does more jail time accomplish? Probably not much. I feel like the same amount of tax money spent on court cases like this could just as easily go towards rehabilitation services and the end really would arguably be better: one less person doing drugs and stealing cars versus another person fresh out of jail and ready to reoffend.

Anyway, good on you for doing them a good turn on Thanksgiving. Maybe that's the spark they need to turn their life around.

I can appreciate what you guys are saying & trying to accomplish …but in my opinion…a total exercise in futility. Or if not a ‘total’, certainly a 90% exercise in futility.

I can appreciate what you guys are saying & trying to accomplish …but in my opinion…a total exercise in futility. Or if not a ‘total’, certainly a 90% exercise in futility.
Seems like jail time has already proven itself to be an exercise in futility with regard to the folks that stole the 60 in this thread. What is arresting and jailing them again going to do? What other options could actually impart a change?

No snark intended or implied. I'm genuinely curious because it's an issue that needs to be addressed where I live too. I hate seeing my tax dollars go to an endless loop (crime->jail->crime) that isn't working.

I get what you are saying. Really do…BUT…they chose to do what they did and most importantly, to me at least…if they had been in jail they would not have been able to commit this crime.

You reap what you sow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom