Stolen FJ60 - San Francisco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
87 FJ60 stolen from my house in San Francisco over the weekend. I think (praying) she’s still local and in one piece. Silver with white tailgate. Hoping my fellow Bay Area mudders can keep an eye out for her. Would love to get her back.
E5A67271-DB01-4795-803D-0D68A1C9AE2B.jpeg
F6760AB1-DD23-4BBD-AF38-52967C669359.jpeg
F0B10030-0E47-4AB3-AFA8-31C97B3D79FB.jpeg

D205DADD-2F56-46B6-8161-83DA3C771827.jpeg

D74AD0BA-BAD0-49F3-A806-3137A979A108.jpeg

First: Sux. Sorry to hear this...nothing makes me madder than having something stolen...it cuts deep on so many levels.

second: Unfortunately in stock form an FJ60/62 is amazing easy to break into and drive away.

third: There have been a lot of people posting stolen cruisers and most have been on the West Coast but the good news is that most seem to be found in a short period of time and not very far away. Best thing you can do is what you are doing now...getting the word out, obviously file the police report, and then just go drive around your area, side streets etc. Once you get it back there are a bunch of Mud threads on how to prevent this from happening again.

I'll keep an eye out. I'll drive by potrero hill and the surrounding areas.
With the price of gas, they shouldn't go far if it was low on fuel.
Thanks. It was ticketed in SOMA (brannan / buxome) but was already moved when I got there.

First: Sux. Sorry to hear this...nothing makes me madder than having something stolen...it cuts deep on so many levels.

second: Unfortunately in stock form an FJ60/62 is amazing easy to break into and drive away.

third: There have been a lot of people posting stolen cruisers and most have been on the West Coast but the good news is that most seem to be found in a short period of time and not very far away. Best thing you can do is what you are doing now...getting the word out, obviously file the police report, and then just go drive around your area, side streets etc. Once you get it back there are a bunch of Mud threads on how to prevent this from happening again.
For anyone reading this thread…the apple AirTags are a great way to track stolen property. Wish I would have thought of this a few days ago…

hope you find it! And I hope that thief gets an infected toenail and dies a painful death.

**theft-proofing tip: A car thief can't take what won't start. Remove a strategic fuse from the panel while the vehicle is parked. I have a piece of packing tape affixed to my fuse (like a tag) to make it easy to pull out w/out the fuse puller. It's just an additional 20 seconds added to your vehicle entry/exit time.**

hope you find it! And I hope that thief gets an infected toenail and dies a painful death.

**theft-proofing tip: A car thief can't take what won't start. Remove a strategic fuse from the panel while the vehicle is parked. I have a piece of packing tape affixed to my fuse (like a tag) to make it easy to pull out w/out the fuse puller. It's just an additional 20 seconds added to your vehicle entry/exit time.**
I pull my coil hot lead but leave it right on top so it looks connected. Been doing this for year’s with the 40.

I wouldn’t park anything so nice in California anywhere. That said, adding a kill switch is a good simple deterrent. I like the apple air tag idea mentioned above too. Hope you get it back. I will keep an eye open if it makes its way down to SD.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I saw your Craigslist post and reached out to you. Keep doing what you’re doing and spread the word. The Land Cruiser community is pretty tight knit and dedicated. I’ll keep an eye out in the South Bay. The tailgate is distinctive and stands out.

I recently added an AirTag as well to keep an eye on it but need to add more security defenses. I was thinking of finding a mean pet 🐊

Good luck

Is that guy in the top pix the suspected perp?

do u know how exactly it was stolen in any way shape or form ?

PM me if its confidential ?

thanks
It was driven away from my house - I heard it. not sure how he got it started (screw driver, hotwire, etc.) or how he got the club off the steering wheel. I think it was someone familiar with Land Cruisers.

The Club is defeated in 5 seconds. Hate to tell u this now but it's worthless.

Glad to see the perp is following SF mask mandates.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It was driven away from my house - I heard it. not sure how he got it started (screw driver, hotwire, etc.) or how he got the club off the steering wheel. I think it was someone familiar with Land Cruisers.

did you hear a noises prior to his shady get away ?

like the back hatch being popped open with a screw driver or SST criminals coat hanger thing ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom