Stolen FJ60 San Francisco (Not sure where to Post) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My friend's Geo's green FJ60 land cruiser was stolen from the Stockton/Sutter garage.
The truck was stock accept ARB lockers 4.88 gears OME suspension and ARB bumper. The truck is on BFG mud terrains.
Keep an eye out!
Thanks folks.
fj60.jpg

Sucks.. do a quick search in the forum and you will see multiple posts with the same thing. Most likely it is either suspect as an escape vehicle in a robbery or some dumbass kids are having some fun. Have your friend to a good perimeter scoping of his area and he may get lucky. Most show up within a mile or so radius of the house within a couple days.

What the F is it about 60's being stolen in SF?? Very sorry and hope you get her back ASAP.

Hope it turns up...

Sadly it takes very little to start a 60 without the key and very often the door lock and ignition will work with a random key.

My key will unlock and start my buddies 62...

Tony

Actually... they only made 12 keys for the 60. You have 1 in 12 chance of simply starting and driving away someone's 60.

Sorry....
If I recall correctly the last Cruiser that was stolen in California was actually recovered within a mile or two of where it was taken. All of the contents (cargo)
was stolen but the Cruiser was returned with minimal damage. Hopefully you will be that lucky.

Found!! with cut steering wheel and a old couch in back.
My friend's Geo's green FJ60 land cruiser was stolen from the Stockton/Sutter garage.
The truck was stock accept ARB lockers 4.88 gears OME suspension and ARB bumper. The truck is on BFG mud terrains.
Keep an eye out!
Thanks folks.

Cut steering wheel eh? Did it by chance have a steering wheel lock (a.k.a Club) on it and they simply cut the steering wheel to remove it?

If so, another reason for the type of lock that goes to the clutch/brake pedal and a kill switch.

Cut steering wheel eh? Did it by chance have a steering wheel lock (a.k.a Club) on it and they simply cut the steering wheel to remove it?

If so, another reason for the type of lock that goes to the clutch/brake pedal and a kill switch.

That or installing a hidden kill switch.

Is the couch nice?!

Glad the rig was found. I had a housemate who's truck was stolen one night. Found in someone's front bushes by a cop at about 3am...

Might have to figure out installing my new kill switch this weekend.

I would make that plural...... kill switches !!!

If some A-hole is going to take your rig..make the MoFo work for it.....

You may be able to offset the cost of a new steering wheel with the sale of the couch! Glad to hear you found it!

Actually... they only made 12 keys for the 60. You have 1 in 12 chance of simply starting and driving away someone's 60.

Just FYI they made way more than 12 keys. I'm a lock smith and have looked through the codes and I didn't count them but there were a lot through the years. It is high mileage warn out locks with warn out keys that keep wearing everything out. Take your locks to a locksmith and have them install new wafers to help.

Just FYI they made way more than 12 keys. I'm a lock smith and have looked through the codes and I didn't count them but there were a lot through the years. It is high mileage warn out locks with warn out keys that keep wearing everything out. Take your locks to a locksmith and have them install new wafers to help.

So here is a question for you.... is it easy to by a new door and ignition set and have all re-keyed to match a singular key? Should this be something that any locksmith should be able to do. The PO on mine had someone try to open his with a screwdriver, apparently didnt get further than just fouling up the look of the lock but the key still works in it, so I need to replace them.

Kill switch x4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom