Stolen FJ60 in Portland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. My FJ60 that I was selling on Craigslist was stolen Sunday morning between 2:00 and 8:30 AM. If you see it be sold or parted out please contact me. I have reason to believe that it was someone who contacted me about the vehicle through Craigslist that stole it.

Here is the link at Craigslist:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/car/286024089.html

Thanks for looking.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. My FJ60 that I was selling on Craigslist was stolen Sunday morning between 2:00 and 8:30 AM. If you see it be sold or parted out please contact me. I have reason to believe that it was someone who contacted me about the vehicle through Craigslist that stole it.

Here is the link at Craigslist:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/car/286024089.html

Thanks for looking.

Save everymail that you have, it may help you I would think.

Best,
Shane

whats the plate # (they would probably remove it but... just in case)

Yes, post a picture

I cannot even tell what color that is from the Craigs List photo. Sorry this is happening to you. Maybe they will catch the pigf**kers!

Im in Milwaukie, So I will keep my eyes open for ya. Post this on the cascade cruisers website, then you have an army looking for it here and washington. Good Luck.

Thanks for the thoughts. I am not at home right now, but I'll post pictures and the plate number later tonight.

I don't know the name of the color, but it's the blue/grey color.

Thanks again.

THOSE B@$#%&DS!!!!

Post up some more info of things that make it unique or features to look for and I'll keep an eye out too (we're in NE as well).

You might also want to give a heads up to Land Cruiser NW and Land Cruiser Specialties in the event that the mother f'er's try and pawn parts and pieces off there and also to get the word of mouth out to the local Cruiser community.

That totally SUCKS!!

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

Definitely post current pictures and as mentioned things that make it unique.

I'm in Vancouver and will keep an eye out for it on this side of the river.

Bummer.

I have my own theories of what to do to thieves, but they are not PC and this isn't the place for me to rant!

Definitely post current pictures and as mentioned things that make it unique.

Ditto to that and better picts - I'll be keeping my eyes out in the Beaverton/Hillsboro area. Man, so sorry.

OR license: XPY482

It is a 1987 FJ60. Ironman lift, aftermarket shackles with greasable bolts. 265/75/R16 TXR tires on black rims with the red stripe. Yakima rack bars that are pretty well corroded in place.

Dent on left front wheel well. Blanket style seat covers on rear and passenger seat. Grey seat cover on driver seat. Rear left window has the base for an old cell phone antenna in it.

Next to the choke, there is a funny after market switch that looks like a vent. Left tail light is broken at the top.

The paint on the roof was pretty worn. There are also some dents on the roof.

I have had issues with the battery. The reason I think it is someone from Craigslist is because whoever stole it came prepared to tow it or jump it as the battery was stone cold dead. I am up front about the problems my FJ had to potential buyers. I don't know if it was someone who came to look at it, or one of the no-shows that I gave my address to.

Leason learned, always meet potential buyers someplace, never have them come to your home. I'm really kicking myself now...

THanks again.
fj.JPG

that sucks. does it have any unique stickers, dents, scratches, rust holes in the sheet metal? might help to pick it out from the crowd.

I'll keep my eyes open in Eugene. There aren't many around here, so I tend to notice them.

I used Craig's list to sell a 4Runner down here and I always met them at a neutral location. It's a shame that we have to distrust everyone in general.

Let us know if you have any success recovering it.

If I caught someone in my Cruiser i'd shoot them. Grrrrrrrrrr......Hope for the best. Sucks man. keep my eyes open, but I doubt they will make it this far east.

Keep your chin up.... our 60 was found less than a week after it was stolen. It was a terrible experience, but not a complete loss.

The good news is that 60's aren't *that* common... with enough people keeping their eyes open you've got a chance.

Good luck.

Vehicle Is Found

The police called this morning and said it has been found. I have no idea what condition it is in. I'll post an update when I get it back.

I'm really surprised it showed up so fast, I was sure someone had it pulled apart for parts by now.

Thanks everyone.

Thats good that they found it. Lets hope that its in one piece.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom