Stolen > Blue FJ62 (1989) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey IH8MUD,

First time poster here, but I have really enjoyed reading these forums the last 5 years.

This desperate post is a bit of a hail mary--I just found out today that my LC was stolen. And I'm pretty gutted.

I had been parking/storing my 1989 FJ62 at my work's private garage in Redmond, WA, which is less than a mile from my condo. I didn't catch the theft the same day unfortunately, and only noticed after being alerted to new bills on toll routes near Seattle, WA.

I could probably spend an hour trying to explain every detail of this situation. For now I'll just post a few photos of my LC with the wild hope that an IH8MUD user might notice it posted somewhere online, or even see it in person.

Here are few more personal details;

• I purchased this truck in early 2018, with a promise made to the original owner and his family that I would continue calling it the "Blue Dragon". It was the name coined by owner's granddaughters during their many 1990's camping trips in the PNW. They even had the original dealership sticker, and sales brochures. Lots to love about this truck.

• I also have a lot personal attachment to this vehicle--I bought it a month after I first met an amazing woman who recently became my wife. We have shared some great memories along with this vehicle. Our first child is due in September and I was honestly hoping someday she'd call it the blue dragon as well. (I know, super dramatic--but that's where I'm at right now haha)

If by some crazy chance someone spots this truck online, or in the wild. Please let me know.

Best,
Ryan

LC# BIH0641
State: WA
Mileage: 197k
Last Seen: 05/03/21 Toll on State Route 99, Washington (South Bound).
Noticeable Marks: Old Rusty Crack on front of hood + bondo situation. "E", "R", stickers on the dented rear bumper.

IMG_7215.jpeg

IMG_7213.jpeg

IMG_7212.jpeg

WTF is going on in the Pacific Northwest? This is like the 4th stolen cruiser thread in 10 days.

Sorry this happened and hopefully it turns up soon. I think a creative kill switch may be in order for mine.

What in the actual f.uck??? Insane. Hope you get your rig returned.

This isn't the one posted on Craigs list yesterday, is it? I'd post the ad but it's deleted now.

Shoot
This isn't the one posted on Craigs list yesterday, is it? I'd post the ad but it's deleted now.
could be! One on Craigslist had roof rack but looked similar. It was for sale for a stupid low price. Can we contact Craigslist for a copy of the ad?

Different wheels, I think.

Different wheels, I think.
I think you are right. I don’t have other pics. The one that was stolen looks way cleaner than the Craigslist one did.

GotddamTweakers. 😠

Thanks for all the support everyone! I filled out a police report last night, so hopefully I'll get lucky and they will find it.

@red66toy, thanks for posting that CL snapshot. The wheels don't look like a match. Although that image thumbnail is pretty small. I guess it would be clever for thieves to throw on a couple accessories before listing it.

Are there any websites you would recommend for doing nationwide searches of Craigslist/Ebay vehicle listings?

I'm also curious how the insurance process will go, like how they will value the LC. I saw a few other posts talking about that same thing. I'll share details once I get more information from insurance (in case anyone else runs into this in the future). I figured I'd start collecting listings for insurance process, but there is a pretty wide range 20-60k.

186518994_4144944372229299_2209845115553304279_n.png

186367251_939791213249351_9009457913253529694_n.png

186255510_3598869210219388_2137317392462680300_n.png

You could try searchtempest for nationwide searching of craigslist, eBay etc. There's also autotempest, but I have not tried it. Might be better.

Stolen from a private garage seems a bit more effort than the normal tweaker heist off the street. Any info or clues from that garage situation? Security or cameras for info? Obviously you've thought of this, just thinking out loud. Hope you get the blue dragon back soon

I know Kijiji will go nationwide in Canada. Just type 1989 FJ62 for sale and it gives as many as
are in their system. Don’t know about Craigslist. Best of luck getting it back.

What I’d like to stress coming from the world of auto collectors. Provenance determines value.
In layman’s terms, paper trail. But it needs to be verified. I keep seeing guys ‘what’s it worth’?
There are skilled qualified people who are very good at determining value in the market, the fee
they charge is close to a months insurance fee, so it’s not even a consideration. But if you want to
know what the market value is, and this also has huge power over insurance companies from
devaluing your ‘old’ land cruiser. A collector car of any age has value.
There is even a TV show. Even without a paper trail get a legitimate appraisal by a qualified
person.

Since four have been taken recently, how many have been found and returned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom