Stolen 1989 Land Cruiser Please Keep an Eye Out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Grandpa left it to my son when he passed away and it has a tremendous amount of sentimental value. Last seen NE Portland near Grant High School on Saturday 3/16/21. License Plate #688KFM. Thank you.

IMG_3158.JPEG

IMG_3238.JPEG

Grandpa O Land Cruiser.JPG

Nooo! Will keep an eye out in the Seattle area. Hopefully it’s recovered close by soon!

Have you checked the usual wastelands up by Delta Park and out East?

Chances are good it's in a warehouse/garage being disassembled for parts.
Ouch! That's a pretty cold thing to say because I know what they are going thru. However, that was my thoughts when mine was stolen but it showed up 8 months later and 1000 miles from home. Hope you get it back I know how it feels.

Have hope. There have been a number of reported stolen rigs on MUD lately and several were found not too far away from their original locations clearly the victim of someone out for a joyride. Keep your eyes on Craigslist and facebook marketplace for any suspicious ads. Also drive around the neighborhood and see if anything appears

As cheese said, check around delta park, 33rd Drive between Columbia Blvd and Marine Dr. and also around the apartments that I think are around 39/Powell Blvd.

Portland has unfortunately become a wasteland and for stolen vehicles reported. No older import is safe here. It’s the tweeker bums that have inhabited every orfice of the city that are responsible for this stuff.

I’ll keep an eye out. Hoping for a safe return

Terrible feeling for sure. I had my 4runner stolen in the DC area a long time ago. I never thought I would see it again. The police said they usually show up in a couple days. I got a call 5 days later that it was found on the side of the road in a near by city. Someone just took it for a quick drive, stole what they could easily get like the stereo and left it. The worst part for me was the fact that once it was back, I had to pay the police impound lot to get it back$$$ . With this community I bet it turns up soon.

Sorry to hear it - hoping it shows up.

Grandpa left it to my son when he passed away and it has a tremendous amount of sentimental value. Last seen NE Portland near Grant High School on Saturday 3/16/21. License Plate #688KFM. Thank you.

View attachment 2616273

View attachment 2616274

View attachment 2616277
UPDATE: 3/17 They found our rig! Neighbor (and Land Cruiser owner, a sweet high top turbo import with right hand steering wheel!) noticed sketchy activity around the vehicle and called it into the police who identified it and contacted me. Just got home so haven't done a full assessment but its messy and full of junk, sounds like its missing the catalytic converter and the gas cap is gone. Looks like they lived in it till it ran out of gas and then abandon it. A little worse for wear but so happy to have her back! Thanks everybody!

Wow! Great news. Who needs a cat anyways? How far was it from your house? If a neighbor spotted, must have been close.

Glad to hear you got it back!

Be super careful when cleaning it out. You are bound to find dirty needles and such when digging around. Make for a really bad day to get poked with some tweeker’s needle.

if it’s nasty maybe insurance will cover a thorough detailing.

I’m sorry, I hope you find it soon. It’s amazing how many 60s have been stolen in Portland over the last year.

Agreed. I've been keeping mine behind a locked gate in the back until I can get my theft deterrent set up. Also planning to get new locks and ignition since my buddy's key from his can open my doors and start my rig. My locks are way too worn out!

I keep my 60 in the garage, but I worry about it at trailheads in the Portland area. Not as much in more remote areas outside of town— maybe I should?

Either way a kill switch is a good idea and I'll install one when I get around to doing the Sniper. Just have to buy a Powersurge and all the supporting hoses and wire.

Glad to hear you got it back!

Be super careful when cleaning it out. You are bound to find dirty needles and such when digging around. Make for a really bad day to get poked with some tweeker’s needle.

if it’s nasty maybe insurance will cover a thorough detailing.
And other more significant items. My '93 4-Runner was stolen in Albuquerque a few years ago, it turned up about five days later, abandoned in a residential neighborhood. The police said it had been used in an armed robbery of a Taco Bell. A few days later my son noticed something out of place, stuffed in between the seat and console. Turns out it was the handgun used in the robbery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom