STOLEN: 1985 BJ60 in Abbotsford - PLEASE HELP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My truck was stolen last night from Abbotsford.
I beg anyone in the Vancover area to keep an eye open for it.

It is a 1985 Toyota Landcruiser BJ60
Brown, on brown color sceme.
Brand new BFG AT on stock rims.
It is in VERY good shape (not really any rust)
216-AXH - (I think that is the plate number. I now the AXH is right)

Basically it is a completely stock truck.
Sorry, no pics.

If anyone sees it please call the police right away.
My cell number is 250.489.8627

I don't live in Vancouver, and I need my truck to get home for work on monday. I just got it and I am so sad.
Also if anyone is travelling through Cranbrook I could really use a ride.

Please help,

Many thanks,
Nick

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it up here in case it migrates north. Good luck!

Sorry to hear this! This is the second 60 series I have heard of that has been stolen in Abby this last week. The other is a white SOA HJ60.

Will keep an eye for both.

Post this on the BC4x4 list, and hit a wider audience Nick.

Are you in Abby for the weekend?

gb

Yup. I am in Van for the weekend.
Maybe longer now.....

Give me a call if you want.

I was thinking that I might get it back. But part of me thinks that its gone because its a land cruiser. The fact that another was stolen makes me think I should starting thinking about buying another....

err....

Maybe a JDM 70 series this time??

Also, thanks for the idea of posting on the BC4x4 site. I will do that.

Ttyl,
Nick

My wife's FJ60 was stolen in Vancouver a couple of years ago and the police said that it would probably turn up. Sure enough, it did, minus wheels, 2 metre radio, stereo, and with door locks damaged and mangled, plus newly rebuilt $4700. auto trans fried. ICBC paid for most of the damage, but she had to fight most of the way.
~Bill

Hi Nick... I am travelling home on Sunday from Penticton,... Have jotted your number down in case I should happen to see it along the way.... So sorry about your loss. It is just sickening....

sorry to hear about the loss
I do believe most wagons are recovered with minimal damage. They're easy to start/take and can hold a lot of stolen items. This might be part of the reason they get stolen so often and not stripped.

I don't spend hours a day in traffic anymore but I'll keep my eyes open for it

Hello Everyone.

Here is an update on everything. Sorry for the length:

First off, thanks for everyone bumping the thread. And Many thanks to everyone for there help and what they have been doing. :) :) It is much appreciated.

Well I am now home. I spent all day yesterday hitch-hiking. I left at 8am, and got home at 11pm. I have heard nothing from the police yet. It has now been 2 1/2 days.

The more I think about it, the more I think a chop shop got it. Considering the time and location it was stolen. It pretty much rules out a joy ride. I have pretty much lost all hope it will ever be recovered. It leaves me feeling pretty sad. I just got it 5 weeks ago and spent months looking for the exact one I wanted. Also if they do recover it, I now have to deal with ICBC remotely. They will not ship it to my home town. That would be on my tab. But I know it is gone for good. :(

I really hope I will get out of it what I have in, but in the back of my mind I know I could loose thousands. I already lost about $1500-2000 worth of personal property (ipod, tools, hiking gear, gortex jacket, etc...). I am in contact with my home insurance place right now to see what my deductible is. But it my deductible might be $1000 or $1500, so not matter what I have lost lots there.

As far as the truck goes, I hope I don't have to fight to much with ICBC to get out what I have in. I was honest on my transfer papers, and put down what I paid for it. However, ICBC still try and stiff me.

So I already know I am out a minimum of $1000, and more likely $2000-3000 by the time all is said and done. Also, ICBC does not write off until it is found (whether burnt of or other) or has been missing for 30 days. Assuming I have to wait 30 days that is Dec 12. I leave the country for 3 weeks on Dec 17. So it basically means I have to wait 2 months before I can do anything. :(

Plus financially speaking I will not be able to afford another cruiser for many months after that. So it means I am walking for realistically 4-5 months (in the winter), as well as having lost all my personal property. I am trying to make the best of a bad situation. But things are not looking to promising.

On the plus side I have learnt a lot about myself through all of this. For the most part I am happy with how I reacted. But, there is still room for improvement. After all, its just stuff, it's not what really matters.

Cheers.
Nick

Sorry to hear and will continue to keep an ear to the ground.

I don't think it is chop shop. The Cruiser world is too small...

gb

I vote for 14 to 18 days, it will show up somewhere

ya don't give up too soon. Even if it parked a long way away, cops might miss it till someone reports it in there property or on their parkinglot.

could take at least a week.

try not to think for the worst. good that you are prepared, but hope is a good thing.

Well the white SOA HJ60 that was stolen before Nicks was, is now recovered. I believe it was last week they found it, minimal damage.

Here's hoping for Nicks as well...

gb

Well they recovered Nick's BJ60 as well but he has already settled with ICBC so it technically isn't his any more.

cruiser_guy said:
Well they recovered Nick's BJ60 as well but he has already settled with ICBC so it technically isn't his any more.

Details...when, where, much damage? What has ICBC said they will do with it now? I know you have family here, but if Nic needs some help...

gb

Greg_B said:
Details...when, where, much damage? What has ICBC said they will do with it now? I know you have family here, but if Nic needs some help...

gb

You'd need to get the details from Nick but what he told me was that the cops said a busted ignition switch was the only damage. Found in front of a 7/11 (don't know which one) and the manager called it in after it had been sitting there for two days. They said there was some stuff in the back so I'm hoping his and my stuff is still there but I doubt it. That's about all I know.

Greg_B said:

gb

Hello All,

So from what I know my truck was found in front of a 711 in Abbotsford (not sure which one). The only damaged they know of is the ignition column. It was dumped on Dec 24, and found by police on Dec 26 after the people at 711 called it in. When the police searched for prints they could not find a single print. Not even mine! So that means the people wiped it down before dumping it.

The police were unsure if there was any contents in the truck. When I called the towing yard they said there is some items in the truck. However they will not tell me what. I have to wait for the truck to go to ICBC. Then ICBC can give me a list of found items. I could go pick up any personal possessions in the truck, but I have no way of doing so. Plus I don't even know if the contents are mine.

I can't really imagine honest thieves. I don't see them stealing the truck, driving it around for 7 weeks, probably using it for whatever crime they wanted. Then dumping my truck after putting all my stuff back in? I can't see it happening. It would be nice, but probably unrealistic.

Anyways, that is what I know right now. If ICBC offers me a cheap by back I might do so. But it would only be to fix it and sell it. I have already put a deposit down on a 81 series from Japan. I will be picking that truck up at the end of this month. I will wait and see what ICBC says. I have a few friends that would of wanted my BJ60.

I will keep everyone posted.

Cheers,
Nick

BTW: Sorry it took me so long to respond. I just got back and have been very busy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom