RECOVERED! 1966 FJ45 LPB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pjohnson

SILVER Star
Threads
The FJ45 has been recovered! The CHP found it along with many other stolen vehicles at a tweaker house in Grayson, Ca. The parts that were with it are gone, but the 45 is intact and unmolested.

Georg @orangefj45 rescued it from the tow yard and it's now safe and sound.

I can't thank him enough for rearranging his day with no notice to pick it up from the tow yard. 👏👏 The LC community is awesome!

The FJ40 is still out there. And now we know it's still in Norcal somewhere...

-------------
I am beyond depressed having to write this post...

Last weekend (April 4-5) thieves cleaned out a building where my 1966 FJ45 LPB and my 1973 FJ40 were stored. They took everything in the building both vehicles, a large pile of parts, two trailers, a tractor, tools, etc.

The location was Gustine Ca., near Los Banos in the central valley. The theft wasn't discovered until yesterday.

Please put the word out. As you all know, these are rare vehicles and I have no idea if the thieves even knew what took. It was not running and waiting for it's restoration day.

Please contact me directly by PM or text at 408, 406, 9629 if you hear of anything. I am incredibly bummed :frown:

Last edited:
Worst nightmare, I am 2 hours from gustine and am always searching for 45’s. I will definately keep vigilant and even go look at a possible for sale or parts ad. Then upon recognizing your rig, call the police! A 45 would be really hard to sell complete, so unfortunately it will probably get parted, a real shame. I bought some parts out of gustine years ago, and let’s just say, it was an interesting town🙄

Flooding Facebook and Instagram pages, We made this shareable and its getting posted on all the Toyota club and sales pages

Flooding Facebook and Instagram pages, We made this shareable and its getting posted on all the Toyota club and sales pages

That's awesome! Thanks!

I don't do much on FB, but I have an account. How do I find these posts?

I do a lot of searching every evening for parts etc I will certainly keep an eye out. It’s depressing there are people out there that would do this kind of thing. Let’s hope it doesn’t make it across any border at least, so we can keep hope.

That's awesome! Thanks!

I don't do much on FB, but I have an account. How do I find these posts?

This has also been posted on the TLCA page, All Toyota sale pages, and a lot of people are sharing this on their personal pages

Sorry to hear this Phil. I am also up on the peninsula and will keep my eyes and ears open.
My car trailer was stolen 2 years ago out of San Jose. Still pisses me off.
I can cross post this on Pirate 4x4 if it hasn't already been done.

Phil,
This picture was in your file of pics. Is this the VIN from the 45? FJ45-21956.

*EDIT*- I just looked at the registry and it is in fact the VIN number! Good to have this info!

1586552565154.png

Last edited:
wow, that really sucks. i will keep a eye out! good luck

So sorry to hear this Phil. I have nightmares about such things. Really hate thieves:mad:; especially when we are all just trying to stay healthy and safe. To that point, hope someone has some info or footage. I have classic car insurance with agreed upon value on my older LC's, hoping this is the case if you can't recover them at least you could get some compensation. I will keep an eye out out for sure.

This is terrible news. It will eventually pop up. Check with vendors someone may have a clue but dont know it. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom