Stockton Wheel Closed for Business (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I heard there's a place in SoCal that does it, but i read about it on Pirate, and it was half a year ago..

hate to say it, but ...err uhh maybe do a search on Pirate?

I'll be interested in what comes up, because I have a set also that was going to be widened once I got some spare $$

Last edited:
Did a quick search and this came up.. I HAVE NO IDEA, THE QUALITY OF WORK THESE GUYS DO!!

now that I said that

This is what I've got for them:

Bolton's Classic Wheels
Phone: (310) 538-5046
Fax: (310) 532-4814
Address: 16516 S. Western Ave.
Gardena, CA 90247-4638
notes: It's $55 per wheel, painted silver or black, and they
can keep the backspacing the same.

EDIT: not sure if that price is current, it was from an older thread

Does anybody know the Stockton Story.
Are they gone forever?

Saw this info on one of the other fourms:

Sorry to make this my first post, I'll post a legit intro asap, but I thought this was very important to lots of members.
I live in Stockton, Ca and Frank Mauro Jr's death was reported in the paper today (Stockton Record).

I used to work next door, father in law still does, and I guess Frank committed suicide yesterday. He had also stopped all shipping going in or out, and let on to his employees that buisness was shutting down, earlier in the week.

Besides all the unhappy customers, myself included, it's still very sad news for his family, friends, and employees.

I just figured that anybody with orders/deposits would need to know.

Wow. People had mixed dealings with Stockton (mine was great), but at the end of the day they had a national reputation for customizing wheels that no other company has.

Here's an article on Stockton. Kind of old, but give the story of how they started making custom wheels.

Stockton Wheel Service reinvents its marketing | Recordnet.com

bilde

really sad to hear yet another company going away...i have heard bad and good ...unlike 10 years ago...all you heard was good things...and i cant recall another place that was making custom rims for customers.

just a shame to loose a buisness with so much history :frown:

Wow, That's Really To Bad. Hope the family recovers fast from this. Best Wishes.

Not necessarily depression over financial difficulties or customer dissatisfaction.
Very likely could have been distraught over medical problems, terminal diagnosis, loss of a loved-one.

How lucky for all of us to not be tormented by what troubled the guy. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom