Stock Wheels on my FJ40 installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MJM

Threads
Finally put some stock wheels on my 40 well not stock for 1980 but I like the old school look.
Tires 33x 10.5 BFG MUD
Old school ARB front Bumper
rear IPOR
and a bunch of other stuff on this old truck.
photo.jpg
LC 2.jpg
LC 3.jpg

Finally put some stock wheels on my 40 well not stock for 1980 but I like the old school look.
Tires 33x 10.5 BFG MUD
rear IPOR

Looks great. Hard to find those KM I's anymore.

Older Tires

The tires are a few years old and had shared duty on my 40 and 60 that has been sold.
The Eshan top was from the first group buy at least 8 years ago.
I had been looking for a deal on stock wheels and finally found one this year on Mud.

Looking good! Stock steelies with center caps are by far the best looking wheel setup on these trucks.

Tires 33x 10.5 BFG MUD
rear IPOR

Looks great but to put some tech in here unless your 40 was made 8/80 (81 model) or later with the split transfer along with other changes it is a 80 with old school wheels and hub caps stock.:cheers:

Looks great but to put some tech in here unless your 40 was made 8/80 (81 model) or later with the split transfer along with other changes it is a 80 with old school wheels and hub caps stock.:cheers:

Learned something new about the wheels my truck was built 2/80 so I guess the current wheels in the photo are correct for this truck.

1" lift on the springs and a little on the shackle. It just clears my garage by 1/2" and I am not about to change that. This truck is all show and no go (off road that is) I used to beat on it 15 years ago before I restored it. I have other trucks to beat on and have never been able to take this one in the mud or the rain for that matter.
It is a poser truck and I am not afraid to admit it.

Surprised no one noticed the tailgate that is an Aluminum tub on this truck but I did not use the cheesy plates at the cowl but welded in metal to match the body lines.

Last edited:
Living in the Past said:

Agreed. A 1980 would have come with steelies and caps in the US. Nice looking ride!

I like the spare tyre rack hinge antenna mount, very clever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom