Stock Wheel Color? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

R

RAF

Hi,
Does anyone know what the color code is for the grey used on steel wheels that were stock on the FJ40's in the 70's?
Thanks

Mr Toyoda's :D

Just ask for electical panel grey.......thats real close.

[quote author=RAF link=board=1;threadid=11185;start=msg101526#msg101526 date=1076272729]
Who's color is that?
[/quote]

I just snagged a can of industrial grade paint at Home Depot that comes in an extra tall can in that grey color. Its not exact, but darn close, finishes nice and glossy (better than I thought for a spray can) and the price was only 4 bucks or something. Did all five of my stock rims with one can and still have some left. Be sure to steel wool the rims really well, and I primed it twice before painting.

Rustolem(sp) Industial Hard hat......I used the same on my fj40 wheels and they came out great, very close to stock. And I was suprised as well at how it holds up, been on my wheels for a year now and still no chips

[quote author=ResidualBoulders link=board=1;threadid=11185;start=msg101911#msg101911 date=1076342329]
I just snagged a can of industrial grade paint at Home Depot that comes in an extra tall can in that grey color. Its not exact, but darn close, finishes nice and glossy (better than I thought for a spray can) and the price was only 4 bucks or something. Did all five of my stock rims with one can and still have some left. Be sure to steel wool the rims really well, and I primed it twice before painting.
[/quote]

Did either of you guys have any luck with that color code? Just bought a set of OEM rims and need to get them painted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom