1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock Wheel Color?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by RAF, Feb 7, 2004.

1. RAF

RAF Guest

Hi,
    Does anyone know what the color code is for the grey used on steel wheels that were stock on the FJ40's in the 70's?
    Thanks

2. redrock

redrock

3. RAF

RAF Guest

Who's color is that?

4. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    Mr Toyoda's :D

Just ask for electical panel grey.......thats real close.

[quote author=RAF link=board=1;threadid=11185;start=msg101526#msg101526 date=1076272729]
    Who's color is that?
    [/quote]

5. residualboulders

residualboulders

Media:
    Albums:
    I just snagged a can of industrial grade paint at Home Depot that comes in an extra tall can in that grey color. Its not exact, but darn close, finishes nice and glossy (better than I thought for a spray can) and the price was only 4 bucks or something. Did all five of my stock rims with one can and still have some left. Be sure to steel wool the rims really well, and I primed it twice before painting.

6. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    Rustolem(sp) Industial Hard hat......I used the same on my fj40 wheels and they came out great, very close to stock. And I was suprised as well at how it holds up, been on my wheels for a year now and still no chips

[quote author=ResidualBoulders link=board=1;threadid=11185;start=msg101911#msg101911 date=1076342329]
    I just snagged a can of industrial grade paint at Home Depot that comes in an extra tall can in that grey color. Its not exact, but darn close, finishes nice and glossy (better than I thought for a spray can) and the price was only 4 bucks or something. Did all five of my stock rims with one can and still have some left. Be sure to steel wool the rims really well, and I primed it twice before painting.
    [/quote]

7. residualboulders

residualboulders

Media:
    Albums:
    rustoleum... thats right. couldn't remember the brand.

8. '69 Yota

'69 Yota SILVER Star

Wheel color

I realize this is a super old thread, but I told my body shop this color code to do my wheels and he says he can't come up with anything. He tried PPG and another vendor. Is there more I need to be telling him? Thanks for any help or advise.

Bill

9. ArkansasLarry

ArkansasLarry

I would also like to know. My wheels are being sandblasted tomorrow an I would like to paint the stock color.

10. davwil02

davwil02

Did either of you guys have any luck with that color code? Just bought a set of OEM rims and need to get them painted.

11. '69 Yota

'69 Yota SILVER Star

A freind had a spray can from Cruiser Outfitters that was suppose to be that stock wheel paint, so my body shop guy just matched it as close as possible.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">