Stock switches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The interior of my 60 is clean (and a nice faded to perfection silver exterior) and I wanted to stick with the stock appearnce. The only thing I have added is a guage panel under the dash for the rear airbags. Used an existing holes.

Just bought some hella lights for the roofrack and wanted to add a stock (60 or 62) switch to the dash. I have about 2 or 3 (can't remember) extra rectangular holes.

So, my questin is - Is there somewhere I can see all the available 60 or 62 switches (maybe even any Aussie switches??) available? Was wondering if there was one for auxiliary lights etc....

Yes, I'm sure C-dan can find you something. or cruiserparts.net, or slee....

I think you could look at a stock fog light switch at the SOR website.

The one from SOR is the most expensive, but is OEM for 60 series outside of NA...should fit into the holes in your dash very nicely. C-Dan doesn't have it in his system, but said if we could provide a part number, he might be able to look it up - so if you do buy one, please post up the part #.

I purchased the generic Toyota switch from cruiserparts. Looks fine, works great (made my Hella). You have to do some trimming of the dash to get it to fit, but all you need is a sharp knife (or dremmel).

I gots the SOR non-USA one...

I bit the bullet and purhased the Non-USA one from SOR. It's a perfect match to all the other switches. Technically, it's for rear fog-lights and fits in the blank closest to the glove box and there's a tiny little tab or slot that it fits into. I put mine in a different location (closer to the driver), and just trimmed it up a bit. If I can find a pic, I'll post it. **

It's waaaaay pricey, but me likey.

CardinalFJ60

**PS - I found a pic, but it's big and I can't re-size at work...PM me and I'll email it to you..

The first two links posted by chitown40 are for the same switch as lovetoski is talking about. Also available at Rallylights.com. Either way, they don't fit the FJ60 cutouts without cutting. They are nice switches, though. Toyota's part number is 00550-35976.

RIMG0939.jpg

These are the square switches in my Aussie cruiser (if they are any help to you).

BTW: please excuse the fact that they are dirty.. and I have a big crack... ahem..

Also, here's a little animation that I made of my cruiser (220k) :-
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/roddqld/cruiser3.gif

if you have the little blank-up plates in the wholes, just go to the local radio shack and get a rectangular switch, that has a round back, and drill a round hole on the blank plate. worked greatf or me, and i got a lighted on for , like 4 bucks.
BTW how did you run the wires into the cab for the rack mounted lights? i got a killer set of chrome doffroad lights id love to mount up top.
hammer

this place needs grammer and spell check, every timie i look at my post, i feel like a dork.

hammer1 said:
this place needs GRAMMER and spell check, every timie i look at my post, i feel like a dork.

Irony can be so ironic sometimes. Nice work hammer :D

Found one!

I was dealing with other pics and found this one, I hope this works...

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who responded!!! Sorry for the delayed response.... not internet, until now, at the new home.

I've explored a few of the suggestions above. I think the most ecent above by Cardinal looks pretty nice!

Cardinal - I think you said that's the SOR one. Me likey!!!

Thanks again!!!

Yup, $OR

It certainly is the SOR one...pricey, but I love the clean look of it. Remember it's "supposed" to go in the blank furthest to the right, as there is a little tab or slot or something. But easy to modify to get it into another one.

Good luck and plan your purchase with SOR, because they have a handling charge so in comparison to what you buy, it may seem high. I usually hold off from ordering from them until I have a couple of items to make the shipping/handling hurt a little less.

CardinalFJ60

Thanks for the advice. I am going to follow it... I'm SURE! there are some things I can't "live without" to include in the order.

Just saw they had front and rear SOR seat covers in the clearance section yesterday... I already feel the wallet getting lighter!

Thanks!

dtrain said:
Thanks for the advice. I am going to follow it... I'm SURE! there are some things I can't "live without" to include in the order.

Just saw they had front and rear SOR seat covers in the clearance section yesterday... I already feel the wallet getting lighter!

Thanks!

BTW,FYI: the "clearance" seat covers that SOR is selling right now are the old, thinner, but NON VINYL BACKED fabric, so they're not sweaty like the current "tuff duck" ones.

speaking of switches. does anyone know what the little red button is for next to the steering column. just bought my sixty and its driving me nuts everytime i look at it. it doesnt do anything when i push it, but would love to know whats it for

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom