Stock Seat Weights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Poking around the forum, I come up with the following for front and third-row seat weights.--but find zip for second row. Anyone have that, or different figures for front and third rows? Not always clear whether figures below include brackets (for the manuals) and belts. The third-row figure was arrived at by looking at the diff btwn mfr curb weight with and without third row seats, so that should include everything. Trying to figure weight/distribution effect of changing first to manual and deleting second and third, plus bull bar (80-ish#, less weight of deleted stock front bumper), + double swingout (200#) with spare (50#) and 80# cargo box. Figuring the thing was made to carry six or seven, and I'm usually driving alone or with one passenger, I'm thinking I can stick with stock-height OME and OEM or equivalent shocks for now--but it would be nice to do the actual math beforehand...

EDITED~
First row manual: 38#
First row power: 60-63#
Second row: 120-ish#?
Third row: 84-99#
ARB no winch: 80-ish#
Stock front bumper: 40-ish#?

I've also got a tow hitch on the back, no clue what that weighs, but it's wrecked at least one car so I'm gonna call that armor and keep it.

Last edited:
I have pulled the middle row seats out many times and they are not light, but I never weighed them. I would guess 60 pounds per seat or 120 pounds together.

Stock front bumper is pretty light, maybe 40 pounds with brackets.

Again, these are just guesses based on schlepping this stuff around the garage.

What size tires do you have? You'd be lucky if your spare is only 50 pounds.

I have pulled the middle row seats out many times and they are not light, but I never weighed them. I would guess 60 pounds per seat or 120 pounds together.

Stock front bumper is pretty light, maybe 40 pounds with brackets.

Again, these are just guesses based on schlepping this stuff around the garage.

What size tires do you have? You'd be lucky if your spare is only 50 pounds.
Thanks! LT265/R16 123/120/Rs on aluminum rims. 50# a guesstimate for the moment. Edited first post to reflect your second-row figure.

Last edited:
Thanks! LT265/R16 123/120/Rs on aluminum rims. 50# a guesstimate for the moment. Edited first post to reflect your second-row figure.
My 285/75-16 Duratrac tires weighed 54 LB each when new and the OEM Toyota rims weigh approximately 21 LB according to CDan. That makes my spare weight about 75 LB each and I KNOW the Toyo and Nitto tires are MUCH heavier than that, let alone a larger size.

Need to up your values a bit for your spare. Don't forget about overhung load. The farther out from the rear axle, the "more it weighs".

The wheelchair rack on my truck sticks out almost 4 ft from my rear bumper when loaded with a wheelchair. The lift weighs 125 LB and the WC weighs 400 LB for a total dead weight of 525 LB. That's a LOT of torque on the rear of the truck making it "weigh more"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom