Stock replacement muffler for 94 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, can anyone recommend a CHEAP stock sized replacement muffler for my ‘94? I will be replacing the entire exhaust next winter when I swap in an LS engine, so I hate to buy a high end piece that will just get thrown out possibly in 6-7 months. Just need something to get me through the summer.

If it is just for temporary and will be thrown away later, are there any LC being parted out in your area? You should be able to get a used one cheap.

The local muffler shop had something that worked for me. They cut and welded it so I could replace with OEM if that came up in the future. The rest of the exhaust was solid, so I'm good (knock on wood). It's approx. the same size and form factor as the OEM. It is NOT as quiet as OEM. Can't help with the brand, although it may have been a Walker.

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a CHEAP stock sized replacement muffler for my ‘94? I will be replacing the entire exhaust next winter when I swap in an LS engine, so I hate to buy a high end piece that will just get thrown out possibly in 6-7 months. Just need something to get me through the summer.
Amazon/Summit has a Walker muffler that's direct fit for about $150. I wouldn't recommend it for long term but it should last a year or two. It fits the 93/94.

Amazon/Summit has a Walker muffler that's direct fit for about $150. I wouldn't recommend it for long term but it should last a year or two. It fits the 93/94.
Mine may have been before the availability of the direct fit Walker, if that's what it was. I used to work auto parts warehouse, so I'm just guessing what it was based on past experie3nce. The necks were still good, it was the body that gave up the ghost on the OEM at around 180,000. Good servioce, I just couldn't swing the cost of OEM, but the rebuilt muffler is a direct fit to what was there before, just need to break it apart to install better when finances allow.

That was 4 years ago, and so far so good, but probably only 20,000 miles. YMMV

My only complaint about whatever is under there is it's louder than stock. Not much, I just like the relative peace of stock. If you like a little rumble in your skinny pedal, you'll find it to your liking without upsetting the significant other.

I put a Walker on my Avalon and it came apart inside in 2 yrs.
My local Muffler shop thinks everytime that welder starts it's worth $100.
Not an easy solution here.

I put a Walker on my Avalon and it came apart inside in 2 yrs.
My local Muffler shop thinks everytime that welder starts it's worth $100.
Not an easy solution here.

No doubt, the Walker is garbage. But it will last at least a year. I cut the ends off mine and welded them to a 24" Magnaflow glasspack. Sounded awesome, my neighbors said. I switched it back out for an OEM muffler for a quieter ride.

There is nothing as Quiet as the OEM, but it's $$$$. We really can't complain when a muffler lasts 20+ yrs, but Toyota could have used 304 Stainless (2X Nickel and Chromium) instead of 409 Stainless and they would have literally lasted forever. For what LCs cost they should use the Good Stainless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom