stock radio power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thorvald

Threads
Website
www.pointyhatdesigns.com
ok, might not have looked hard enough yet, but quick glance at chiltons electrical diagram i didnt see radio anywhere, searched on here for radio power 60, nothing.

my radio died. took it out today, power from the second source, key off, but no power from the stock power wire (aftermarket radio), but no power with key on from the wire. where does the stock wire go? to a fuse? fusible link? hopefully something accessible without pulling apart more of the dash.

oh yeh, it quit working after an incident in which there was no ignition/turn key nothing... though the voltmeter showed voltage. jiggled some wires, hit the starter and its started ever since, just no radio.

thanks,

Scott

maybe its just a sign, my computer sound quit a while ago and havent figured it out, the 80 radio quit, though the cd still works, and the 40 is radioless (though mute since its sitting in my fatherinlaws shop)

I don't know where it goes, but if you're getting power from the key off source and not from key on, plus the fact that it's aftermarket equals very strong suspicion that your connection from the stock to aftermarked wire is hosed. I'm guessing the aftermarket radio's fine and the connection immediately behind it is bad.

i tested the power wire at the connection, with test light. anyone know if theres a fuse somewhere on the other side of that particular power wire, or a bad ground maybe?

guess ill check the ground and look around some more. need a better electrical diagram.

would it be better just to wire power direct from battery for an aftermarket radio?

in the 62 diagram looks like the rheostat is the source of power for radio, couldnt find a 60 diagram with radio in it, the chiltons manual blows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom