stock panhard rod angles/installing adj panhards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I could sense that.

Whatever. I give up. You guys win. Thread failure complete. I'll be back later when I find something else to split hairs over :flipoff2:
If you read the Delta vs thread, you will find that when they were researching the panhArd lift bracket they would ask for a vertical height of the axle side mount and a vertical measurement for the frame side mount at STOCK height, then again at lifted height.

It was the vertical distance difference left to right that they used to determine this height,which effectively will give you your angle you are looking for. Especially if you know the actual length of the stock panhArd bar.

I believe all the information you're looking for is in their thread.

I think you’re over thinking it. Just use it to center the axle at ride height. The angle is kind of a moot point.

The panhard angle is as important as the center of it. The panhard should be as close to horizontal as feasible.

If you read the Delta vs thread, you will find that when they were researching the panhArd lift bracket they would ask for a vertical height of the axle side mount and a vertical measurement for the frame side mount at STOCK height, then again at lifted height.

It was the vertical distance difference left to right that they used to determine this height,which effectively will give you your angle you are looking for. Especially if you know the actual length of the stock panhArd bar.

I believe all the information you're looking for is in their thread.
Thanks. I'll check into that. Appreciate you actually addressing the question.

The panhard angle is as important as the center of it. The panhard should be as close to horizontal as feasible.
Agree, I have the bracket but that's just the rear. But that's all besides the point like most of the rest of this thread. I was just searching for the angle the stock one makes, wasn't intended to be about panhard functionality, etc.

Agree, I have the bracket but that's just the rear. But that's all besides the point like most of the rest of this thread. I was just searching for the angle the stock one makes, wasn't intended to be about panhard functionality, etc.

I am aware.

I was with you that just fixing it's length is only part of fix. The angle needs to be corrected too.

That said I don't have a stock land cruiser so I can't help with angle

Of course the panhard angle is important in the grand scheme of things. But unless you plan on running high steer and you redesign the mounts. It’s totally not important because you get what you get when you lift it.

And the centering of the axle is really not that important.

Of course the panhard angle is important in the grand scheme of things. But unless you plan on running high steer and you redesign the mounts. It’s totally not important because you get what you get when you lift it.

If it's not important why does the delta bracket make such a difference?

Every aspect of suspension geometry is important

If it's not important why does the delta bracket make such a difference?

Every aspect of suspension geometry is important
The amount that the axle is shifted when you lift an 80 let’s say, 2-3” is next to nothing.

The delta bracket exists because brings your roll center closer to the center of gravity of the vehicle by raising the axle side mount, super important. This decreases body roll, it also flattens the panhard. It also allows the axle to operate in the center of the arc which decreases the amount that the axle swings throughout travel, super important The least important thing it does, is center the axle under the car…..

The amount that the axle is shifted when you lift an 80 let’s say, 2-3” is next to nothing.

The delta bracket exists because brings your roll center closer to the center of gravity of the vehicle by raising the axle side mount, super important. This decreases body roll, it also flattens the panhard. It also allows the axle to operate in the center of the arc which decreases the amount that the axle swings throughout travel, super important The least important thing it does, is center the axle under the car…..

You just said angle didn't matter. Then you explained why it does.

You just said angle didn't matter. Then you explained why it does.

Read please. I’m saying, don’t worry about the angle of your front panhard unless you plan on doing something to fix it.

He is literally trying to figure out what the stock angle is so he can get his back to stock...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom