Stock OE Rear Spring Height vs 863s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried using the search function but couldn't find an answer. I even called Toyota but they don't give out that info. I'm curious what the original length of my springs was when the truck was new.

I just received some OME 863s when I had ordered 862s. I'm hesitant to install them for fear of some serious stink bugging. Per the specs on the 862 vs 863 the 63 is supposed to have .78" more height. From what I've read is the 862 spring is stock height but higher spring rate (heavies). The 863 has an even higher spring rate.

Should I return them or install them? I have an custom tube bumper with dual swing outs. 35" spare, 5gal of fuel, 3gal propane bottle, and farm jack. I will eventually install a secondary fuel tank and a drawer system. I also carry an Edgestar fridge in the back and a RTT on top.

From Cruiseroutfitters.com

OME Part # Spring Rate (N/mm) Bar Dia. (mm) Free Height (mm) General Application
OME 2860 38.5 18 480/490 80/100 Series
OME 2861 38.5 16 480/490 80 Series
OME 2862 42.0 17 460/470 80 Series
OME 2863 44.0 19 480/490 80/100 Series

I still have stock springs in the front but they will be replaced in the next 6 months. I'm hoping to stay close to stock height to keep the center of gravity lower and not have to modify anything else like caster correction bushings, spacers, etc. Thanks for your input.

IF your vehicle isn't a rust bucket, it takes maybe 45 mins to replace rear coils - give it a try...

What do you have as front springs? Ah stock, well then....

But likely you will have the rear end sticking up without at least a couple several hundred kg in the rear... Of course you could just put some taller springs on the front :)

cheers,
george.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom