Stock Jack with 285's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Moving up to 285's - will my stock jack lift my FZJ80 anymore? Just want to make sure I can change a flat on the road still.

yes

Mark...

Thanks!

stock jack is da bomb!

folks seem to just give them away sometimes...I have a couple sitting in my garage.

???? your new tires are not even 1/2 an inch different in radius from stock - who jacks straight from the ground unless they Have to anyway??? you want to crank that thing 150 turns before it hits the axle housing?? I always put it on wood/cinder block whatever - hell - we've even jacked up houses/cellars with it

I always put it on wood/cinder block whatever

x2 - throw a couple blocks of wood in the cubby with the jack.

I also carry a medium sized bottle jack. I think it has about 18" or so of height fully extended.

stock jack is da bomb!

folks seem to just give them away sometimes...I have a couple sitting in my garage.

x2

Love dem stock jacks, especially the older ones that could be opened and rebuilt.

Keep 2 in the truck as they make decent jack stands in the boonies.

The HiLift off road base holds the stock jack perfectly and makes up enough height difference to change 35s easy. Everyone should have one of these on board.

x10, you never can have too many tools in the toolbox. Though many of us run 35's and 37's, I bet no one has pitched out their OEM jack due to that fact.

:cheers:

Steve

My 80 didn't come with a jack, how tall does the stock jack go? I need to get one before I have a flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom