Stock height springs for an FJ60 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Dekeman - that is one beautiful 60 and the new suspension stance is perfect.

After the long saga, how does the truck ride with the Dobinson's suspension kit?

@cruiseroutfit - Hey Kurt, did you ever put together a stock ride height kit for the 60 series?

The springs landed this week 😎 Very excited to have a Japan made option. We are working on suspension kit build-out now.

20221006_145210.jpg

@Dekeman - that is one beautiful 60 and the new suspension stance is perfect.

After the long saga, how does the truck ride with the Dobinson's suspension kit?
Thanks! Rides so nice, better than it should, really, considering solid axles. Very happy with results.
Also, new price on the brand new set of stock height springs and Ubolts - $495 USD plus shipping.

Last edited:
Thanks! Rides so nice, better than it should, really, considering solid axles. Very happy with results.
Also, new price on the brand new set of stock height springs and Ubolts - $495 USD plus shipping.
Hey Dekeman, what are the eye-to-eye measurements on those springs? There's an outside chance that I'd be interested in one pair ... I want to do some experimenting with my shackle reversal.

FYI another avenue for selling those (a pair of them anyway) is to find somebody building a camping trailer. Lots of folks are doing that out of old military trailers or building them from scratch. A pair of leaf springs would be good for them, and since it's a welding project anyway, they can space the hangers however they want.

Super interested to hear more about the kits when they are ready! This is exactly what I, and many others, have been looking for.

Will you be posting them on your website?

Yes, and definitely sharing here on Mud too. I‘ve been traveling a great deal the last few months. It’s my goal to get it sorted this week.

And just to confirm, you got 2" lift springs from Dobinson but you took out one leaf? Which one did you remove? I think I'm going to go the same route as you. I'm assuming you purchased the springs alone and not the kit? Are you running stock length shocks still? I talked to someone at Dobinson and they mentioned on a gas FJ60 without accessories it will still lift it 2" with a leaf removed. I'm wondering if thats too much for stock shocks. I have new KYB gas adjust shocks already that are just under 21" extended in the front and just over 22" extended in the rear. I might just have to wait and see about these stock height shocks @cruiseroutfit is coming out with.

Last edited:
@cruiseroutfit
Any word on your stock height springs?
Ready to pull the trigger on a set

I'm actually jamming on kits this morning for a minute. It's been a crazy busy few weeks with our existing product lines. I've got the 40 kits mostly fleshed out, 6x kits are next.

What month/year is your 60? Perhaps I can start with your model :cool:

I'm actually jamming on kits this morning for a minute. It's been a crazy busy few weeks with our existing product lines. I've got the 40 kits mostly fleshed out, 6x kits are next.

What month/year is your 60? Perhaps I can start with your model :cool:
Sweet! Thanks! My 60 is an '87 build date Dec '86

And just to confirm, you got 2" lift springs from Dobinson but you took out one leaf? Which one did you remove? I think I'm going to go the same route as you. I'm assuming you purchased the springs alone and not the kit? Are you running stock length shocks still? I talked to someone at Dobinson and they mentioned on a gas FJ60 without accessories it will still lift it 2" with a leaf removed. I'm wondering if thats too much for stock shocks. I have new KYB gas adjust shocks already that are just under 21" extended in the front and just over 22" extended in the rear. I might just have to wait and see about these stock height shocks @cruiseroutfit is coming out with.
Correct: 2-inch lift with one leaf in front, and one leaf in rear, taken out. Can't remember which leafs I removed, third I think? - it was the most obvious one to take out since it wasn't strapped like the others. Ended up with five leafs in front, six in rear. I had previously bought new Bilstein shocks, they fit fine. Only thing I had to change were sway-bar links up front. Needed longer ones.

Really liking the ride. Straddles bumps better than my '22 Tundra Ltd TRD Off Road Crewmax.

Correct: 2-inch lift with one leaf in front, and one leaf in rear, taken out. Can't remember which leafs I removed, third I think? - it was the most obvious one to take out since it wasn't strapped like the others. Ended up with five leafs in front, six in rear. I had previously bought new Bilstein shocks, they fit fine. Only thing I had to change were sway-bar links up front. Needed longer ones.

Really liking the ride. Straddles bumps better than my '22 Tundra Ltd TRD Off Road Crewmax.
This may be what I go with. Haven't heard back from Cruiseroutfit about their stock height springs yet

Kurt's springs will be awesome for anyone not wanting to go up. I didn't want a lift either, and was a little concerned when I initially saw how much different it looked, but the new stance has grown on me. I might like it more now. Suits the truck so much better, doesn't look tired. I had bought stock-height SOR shackles and U-bolts but was worried they'd be short so bought the Dobinsons U-bolts as well when I ordered the springs. Could have used the SORs in front, afterall, but rears just didn't have enough thread. Even so, I had to cut the tips off the Dobinsons in the rear as they ended up being too long after being tightened down.

Kurt's springs will be awesome for anyone not wanting to go up. I didn't want a lift either, and was a little concerned when I initially saw how much different it looked, but the new stance has grown on me. I might like it more now. Suits the truck so much better, doesn't look tired. I had bought stock-height SOR shackles and U-bolts but was worried they'd be short so bought the Dobinsons U-bolts as well when I ordered the springs. Could have used the SORs in front, afterall, but rears just didn't have enough thread. Even so, I had to cut the tips off the Dobinsons in the rear as they ended up being too long after being tightened down.
Ah, ok. So the rear Dobinson springs are just a bit wider than stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom