Stock fj40 wheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just discovered that my stock spare tire wheel does not match the rest of my stock wheels. It is an older style with the rivets and will not work on my 1977 fj40 with front disk brakes. Anybody have a newer welded style wheel they want to sell or trade for the older style?

So I just discovered that my stock spare tire wheel does not match the rest of my stock wheels. It is an older style with the rivets and will not work on my 1977 fj40 with front disk brakes. Anybody have a newer welded style wheel they want to sell or trade for the older style?
Did you check your dealer?

42601-60072. Available through your local dealer.

I have not checked the dealer yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

- i have a extremely UNICORN NICE one , GREY color with the correct full size spare tire mounted on it ...

- i think the one from the dealer is painted BLACK now .........?

please PM me

thanks
matt

Service part wheels are black prime, just like a piece of replacementsheet metal. They were used on 4wd trucks and Cruisers. White for trucks, grey for Cruisers.

Service part wheels are black prime, just like a piece of replacementsheet metal. They were used on 4wd trucks and Cruisers. White for trucks, grey for Cruisers.

Dan ,

not a week goes by here on MUD , where i fail to pick up some new anything TEq Technical Detail or fact that i have observed you commenting about or here

directly brought me up to speed on ........... :) 🍻

it must have been a opportunity like none other , if a person was both interested in building a Career at the TOYOTA Dealership Parts Department Level and

had a outside TOYOTA Vehicles anything hobby enthusiast after work / weekend type thing going on , much like i did from a young 16 year old wide eyed teenager ,

till a moment like this where i realize working under you then must have been simply Killer Kool .....

it seams i can have a second chance opportunity to experience just what i mention above i did not during my first TEq Rodeo growing up ........

thanks for what you do Sir .........:)

(1) - Copy - Copy.png

the spare will still work on the rear, if needed in the meantime.

Since color came up…

around 72/73 the rims were only painted gray on the outside... black inside and in the rim till the wagon style came out... pre 72/73 were gray all around... and earlyer rims were black till 68 model... and 25's were body color

in a nutshell:
Riveted Rims w/service hole
E-60 body color

Riveted Rims
61-67 black rims
68-72/73 gray rims
72/73 -8/74 gray outside only

Welded Rims
9/74-7/80 gray outside only
8/80-84 white wagon wheels

These are NA info

Market dependent … some European areas rims came white and you also had the chrome ones … too sporadic to pinpoint exact years … yet :)

Btw great thread here by @Economist LC76 for more info goodness:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom