Stock FJ40 wheel/tire questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In 1980, when I bought my pickup, the SR5 model came with hubcaps (my base model 4x had plain white rims). I still have an original tire on the spare, a Dunlop Snow Cruiser if I recall correctly. In the old 1980 sales brochure, the SR5 hubcaps look a lot like the old stock FJ40 stuff.

Are these steel wheels basically the same – pickup and FJ40?

Are all the FJ40 wheels more or less the same – say 1974 – 1980?

Can one still get stock wheels/caps through Toyota and if so, what color? Were the wheels all the same color (what-gray) over the years?

What would be a good/general use current tire for returning a 77/78 FJ40 to stock.

Thanks,
Gus

stock color for that year range would have been gray...the rims you can get new from toyota ...they come primer black...the hubcaps you can get new from toyota

there are quite a few threads on this...later years came different style of rim for usa sold rigs

good tire? bias ply or radial? athentic look ?

On E-Bay! aa set of brand new L/C wheels.(disk brake) The dealer is Rusty Wallece Toyota, They are located in Morristown, Tenn.Give them a call. No affliation,other than buying a set of rear turn signals.Good Luck:beer:

On E-Bay! aa set of brand new L/C wheels.(disk brake) The dealer is Rusty Wallace Toyota, They are located in Morristown, Tenn.Give them a call. No affliation,other than buying a set of rear turn signals.Good Luck:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom