Stock console color? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I'm trying to understand what stock color options were on the center console on a 1978.

Currently mine is rattle can black like most of the interior, but I recently saw some pics in silver similar to the rear heater.

Any help appreciated!

...via IH8MUD app

I believe ash grey. Paint code 145.

IMG_1038.JPG

Rustoleum Hammered Silver is a close match.

Rustoleum Hammered Silver is a close match.

Depends on how picky you are. I painted the tops of my license plate lights with that color. It wasn't close enough for me to do the interior parts.

The interior parts that are all the pewter/silver color are the instrument bezel, ash tray, glove box door, console, seat backs, evap cover assembly, amby door panel, probably other stuff.

I've found that Duplicolor makes a couple of silver wheel paints, in rattle cans, that are very close to the original color.

Thanks everyone, at this point I'm not terribly picky. Just want to freshen up a very neglected interior.

I'll just use a decent rattle can match for now until I get more serious on the final product.

Thanks for the advise on colors, I'll post up pics once done.

...via IH8MUD app

Pewter, Cruiser Corps has it in an Aerosol-used on my gas tank shroud, wetsanded with 3000, polished and it looks bitchin!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom