Stock Carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When i bought my fj40 it had the stock carb and was leaking like a siv, so i had a weber 32/36 installed. The weber caused it to flood while going up steep hills, so i installed a regulator on the fuel line, which helped quite a bit. When i step on the gas quickly the motor bogs for a second, then gets up to power. The weber has been on for about 2.5 years and is now leaking.
All the threads that i have read say that the stock carb works better than any aftermarket, so i had the stock carb rebuilt by a local shop and am going to have it installed next week.

Will the flooding issue be no longer with the stock carb, and will the bogging be gone, or is this an issue with carb'd engines? Hoping it is going to run better with the stock carb.

A common cause of "leaking" is if the needle valve gets stuck open. This will cause the bowl to overfill and leak out the vent. It's a simple problem and usually a simple fix. Clean the schmutz from the needle valve.
The rebuild will fix that.

A common cause of "bogging" is if the accelerator pump is not working. If you can see a good squirt of fuel in the throat of the carb when you pump the throttle, that's not it.
A second cause of "bogging" is unreasonable expectations. It's a tractor motor and you're not going to leave rubber when you step on the gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom