stock carb to throttle cable ????????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im tryin to figure out how too and what i will nedd to run a 71 2bbl carb off a throttle cable not the linkage that its set up for, the cable is alread in my cruiser ready to go, any special parts i need to find and does any one have pics of their F 2bbl hooked up with a cable instead of the linkage..................wurd

71 carb was set up to run off of a cable, so I'm inclined to think that maybe you don't have a 71 carb. :frown:

The late 69 thru early 73 carbs utilize a pie-shaped bellcrank that the trunnion [end] of the cable fits into and runs along. The cable housing is threaded at the carburetor end and supported by an anchor bracket that hold the cable at a diagonal.

If you have a carb that has a diamond shaped bellcrank with a ball stud on it, it is best to determine first what year the carburetor is EXACTLY. Then you can decide whether it would be a better bet for you to try and swap in a bellcrank that will work with the cable, or get a transition-type bellcrank that will actuate the ball stud with a cable.

This question has been covered before.

:)

sorry its a 74 carb, i have the linkage im scared to put it on, seems kind tricky. i have skills but not patience, would you happen to have a pic of it............

help me out here please, maybe its just not that inyeresting of a thread??????

THE expert on carbs just answered you; he is your best source of info.

bretty said:
help me out here please, maybe its just not that inyeresting of a thread??????

If you're referring to me, I am not on the computer on a regular basis. I have a full time business, a family, and a lot of hobbies, and WAY TOO MUCH Email to track all the threads I post to. That's what's cool about the bbs, you can get imput from the whole community if they're interested in your situation, whether or not they know anything about it!

If you have the rod linkage, you should try it out. Some people prefer it because it doesn't stick the same way a fraying cable will. On the other hand, it does get sloppy if you don't renew the two bushings [one poly, one rubber] on a regular basis.

If you do a thread search, I am sure you can find a pic of the linkage setup, which is prolly why more people aren't posting to your thread.

Hth

Mark

ok so how exactly do i attach the cable to the carb? anyone got pics of this? is there some special adaptor t oput on the aisin 2bbl. i know someone has done this out there i just need some guidence................

thanks for the thread but thats linkage im tryin to connect it with a cable.......

Bretty, scroll down to the second pic, that is what you are looking for. You need the second piece under the 10mm nut toward the bottom of the carb AND the plate thet comes off the right side of the carb(in the picture) that appears to have the idle fuel solenoid wire laying on it. The second part is what holds the sheath.

GL

Ed

I'll bet Marksoffroad.net has some of those lyings around.

now i see the light, and where would a guy purchase this part you speak of and any other that go along with them????

bretty said:
now i see the light, and where would a guy purchase this part you speak of and any other that go along with them????

:rolleyes:

"I'll bet Marksoffroad.net has some of those lyings around."

I thought I said that, too? Uh, that would be 65SWB45. Call him great prices and service and.....he has them.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom