Stock carb for 1973 fj40?

Hi mud!

I have a 1973 FJ40 project in the driveway, and the only accessory it is missing is a carb. My '74 had the linkage that connected to the carb from the gas pedal, but this rig has a cable that connects to the gas pedal and towards the carb. Does that mean the rig previously had a Weber, or did that year FJ40 have a cable going to the carb?

thanks in advance,

Joel

'73 had cable between gas pedal and carb, and no it doesn't mean that it had a Weber although it might have, no telling.

'73 had cable between gas pedal and carb, and no it doesn't mean that it had a Weber although it might have, no telling.

thanks, man, that's all I needed to know for now. Gonna likely put a stock carb on it if I can, so this really helps. i have a stock manifold

cheers, happy Labor Day!

4Cruisers

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
The '73 carburetor was unique to that one model year, the transition from cable to mechanical linkage. There's a special horizontal bellcrank mounted on a bracket at the carburetor base. The bellcrank is operated by the accelerator cable. As the bellcrank rotates CCW, a pivot ball pushes a short adjustable linkage rod against another pivot ball on the carburetor linkage that rotates the primary throttle shaft.

This thread has details and photos:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom