Stock 80 meets Big Buck!

Rogue

Rogue

This is a friends stock Cruiser that met a "large buck" while driving south on I-5 in southern Oregon at 60+ miles per hour. &nbsp:Damage is estimated at ~$2300. Not bad... not bad. :bow:

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

cruiserdan

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Yo Rogue,

He's sporting stock steelies. Here's yer chance to get some.

Oh, if he's gonna put a stock front bumper back on, I've still got mine. As well as a RH park lamp.

:beer:

Keep

Keep

SILVER Star
Other than preserving the alloys, whats the advantage of the steelies? I've always heard the alloys are quite tough.

P

PHAEDRUS

I have no intention to emulate junk but put steelies on my pig cause I was tired of the alloys needing attention to look purrty. still have the facotroy alloys sitting on a shelf but like teh look of the flat black better and at $35 a wheel price was right.
Dave :beer:

Photoman

Photoman

SILVER Star
I put the steel rims on for two reasons. I cut the side out of a tire and it tore the rim up also. At the time the stock alloys were something like $460.00 each and the steelies were $105.00. The other reason is the steelies are much heavier than the alloys and I wanted more weight down low to offset my roof rack. My concern was with the heavier weight of the steelies how that would affect the OME shocks. I don't know what their rebound rate etc. was designed for.
Bill

scottm

scottm

SILVER Star
Ouch! My fifth deer strike bent my bumper, I was bummed to hear the bumper comes pre-painted from Toy for only $200. Much more expensive on older cruisers like this one though. The shop found enough questionable damage to get the estimate up to an ARB winch bumper. I'm suprised a big deer didn't get the grill, lucky. I've seen a lot of deer damage at highway speed, totalled two cars at 80+ just from the impact.