Stock 60 water temp gauge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hojack

♠️Project Snowball❄️
Threads
Cascade Foothills above Eagle Creek, Oregon 🇺🇸
What’s the stock water temp gauge on the FJ60? I’d like to just stay with this gauge for the diesel swap but as we know there is not temp degrees on it. What’s the upper end temp just before overheat. As for new gauges I’m looking at EGT and boost.

What’s the stock water temp gauge on the FJ60? I’d like to just stay with this gauge for the diesel swap but as we know there is not temp degrees on it. What’s the upper end temp just before overheat. As for new gauges I’m looking at EGT and boost.

This is what i would suggest doing and personally do to meet your requirements , Install a OEM YAZAKI Temp Guage that has

YAZAKI makes Toyota FJ60 & HJ60 Cluster meters

numbers on the face , comes with its own sending unit so theirs no guess work , the sending unit is a direct bolt in to your Toyota engine sensor union port

comes with all mounting hardware & instructions

I have a few of these let me know if its something your interested in

the guage is standard size to fit a POD or other common mounting system

DSCN7428.JPG
DSCN7429.JPG
DSCN7430.JPG
DSCN7431.JPG
DSCN7433.JPG

The only way to find out what the temperature is on your stock gauge when the needle gets near the top is to calibrate it. Every sender/gauge combo is a bit different. That Yazaki gauge looks fun, but it's in °C and has to go in a pod. Might as well get an Autometer gauge to do that. At least you'll get a °F dial and customer support.

Attachments

• temperature-calibration.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 298
The only way to find out what the temperature is on your stock gauge when the needle gets near the top is to calibrate it. Every sender/gauge combo is a bit different. That Yazaki gauge looks fun, but it's in °C and has to go in a pod. Might as well get an Autometer gauge to do that. At least you'll get a °F dial and customer support.
I knew you’d be on this. Looks like to open your pdf file I’ll need to get iBooks.

OEM/direct bolt on is hard to beat.

80 celsius =176F
100 celsius= 212F

If it runs in between those marks on the one @RAGINGMATT posted you are good

Celsius Is JDM and still cool too :cool:

1-800- YAZAKI

Degrees Celsius, I guess that’ll make it feel a little more foreign. I’d like to get one in Fahrenheit. Thanks @RAGINGMATT. How much are those gauges?

The NOS Yazaki water temp Gauge kit is $50 + ride

Forgive me if I missed it... will the Yazaki fit into the factory spot on an FJ60 cluster?

it would Not be a direct replacement , more of a custom install like in a Gauge Pod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom