Stock 18 inch wheel and lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Disregard.

I've got 255/70R18s (32") on my non lifted GX right now. I only occasionally get a rub while braking+turning into my driveway.
255-70 stock.jpg
rub.jpeg

The culprit is this bolt. This pic has my 285s that obviously won't fit until I get my lift installed.

I’m running 275/65/18 duratracs on stock height. All I had to do was heat gun/massage from fender liner and I removed the pictures above bolt and zip tied the plastic back.

I've got 255/70R18s (32") on my non lifted GX right now. I only occasionally get a rub while braking+turning into my driveway. View attachment 2650904View attachment 2650905
The culprit is this bolt. This pic has my 285s that obviously won't fit until I get my lift installed.
You gotta stop doing those screeching turn-in stops like the do in all the police shows when they all arrive at the crime scene at once! :p

Yes the full size spare fit, but that would be the maximum tire size you can squeeze in there. I don't think the bump from 2" is needed with that size rubber and setup. I really didn't need the extra 1/2-3/4" bump I gave it with the 285's but I just couldn't help myself and it was purely for aesthetics and stance.

You were able to fit a 255/70/18 tire under the car? That's a 32" tire, I thought the max size you could fit under there, fully inflated was 31.5"?

You were able to fit a 255/70/18 tire under the car? That's a 32" tire, I thought the max size you could fit under there, fully inflated was 31.5"?

Yep! Again, I have the smaller Class III hitch that doesn't get in the way on the sides like the wrap around Class IV. I've had 285's on the truck for the last year so I no longer have the spare under there but a 255/70/18 can fit.

Gkb5506.jpg

Yep! Again, I have the smaller Class III hitch that doesn't get in the way on the sides like the wrap around Class IV. I've had 285's on the truck for the last year so I no longer have the spare under there but a 255/70/18 can fit.

Ahh, ok, thanks for clarifying

I have a Dobinson 2 inch lift, SPC UCA's and I did have 275 65 18 Toyo AT3's on factory 18 inch rims. It rubbed but I did not modify anything at that point. I put a Firestone 275 65 18 AT tire on spare and it fit without factory hitch installed. I subsequently put Black Rhino 18 inch rims (w zero offset) on and kept the same tires. I also had the factory hitch installed and it was at that point that the spare did not fit. I have since broke out the heat gun and now have no rubbing.

Lexus.jpg

I have a Dobinson 2 inch lift, SPC UCA's and I did have 275 65 18 Toyo AT3's on factory 18 inch rims. It rubbed but I did not modify anything at that point. I put a Firestone 275 65 18 AT tire on spare and it fit without factory hitch installed. I subsequently put Black Rhino 18 inch rims (w zero offset) on and kept the same tires. I also had the factory hitch installed and it was at that point that the spare did not fit. I have since broke out the heat gun and now have no rubbing.

View attachment 2651739
What rubbed before you broke out the heat gun? would a narrower 255/70/18 prevented the rubbing?

Narrower would not have, shorter would have. The front and rear of the wheel well. When I had the factory rims and the 275 65 18's, they rubbed on something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom