STLCA Nashville Meetings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The next meeting will be Thursday Nov. 17,2011 at 7 PM, at the Sportsmans Grill on 21st Ave.

Last edited:
had a great time out there on monday night. thanks aaron and katherine!

nice to meet jorge, too...sweet 80 series

malphrus

are we still lookin for a monday night place?

tuesdays would be good at sam's (two for one beers all day) but it would be crowded for more than 6 or 8 people (not sure how many have been showin up lately anyways)

sportsmans is good as well, they have a nice patio and an upstairs portion that aren't typically too busy.

both of em have a nice selection of draft beers, too, so there's nothing wrong with that. also they have good food, some of their stuff is even down right tasty.

malphrus

Jonathan picked a winner with the Sportsman's Grill, we will continue to hold the meetings there for now. apparently we have some people with a conflict with the first Monday of the month, what day would you all prefer.
Note the first monday in Sept is labor day so the meeting will be on the 10th if we do not change it.
Roger

we still on for monday?

Jonathan you may have to start coming to Chattannoga meetings, everyone else in Nashville seems to have dropped out. My previous SFWDA commitment for Monday has been preempted by a summons to report for Jury duty Monday afternoon, so I will not be there.

haha...aight, i'll try and work something out

don't worry, i'll drink a couple brews on monday; pour a few out for my boys.

malphrus

Chapter Meeting Report

Meeting Date: 4-7-08
Meeting Location: Sportsman's Grill, Nashville
Roll Call:
Ron Coons
Pete McPherson

A less than stellar turnout didn't dampen the mood at the April STLCA meeting at the Sportsman's Grill. The meeting began in the parking lot with a review of Ron's 62, then moved upstairs.
First order of business: Ron proposed ordering a beer. Pete seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
Second order of business: Catch up (not Ketchup, which came up later in the meeting).
Third order of business: Call Roger to see if assembled members should wait on him before ordering food. Voice mail. Pete moved that food should be ordered. Ron seconded. Motion carried by voice vote.
Fourth order of business: Consumption of cheeseburgers. No debate over excellence of burgers and motion carried. Ketchup applied to fries (see above) for all members present.
Fifth order of business: Review of photo of bikini-clad model that arrived on Ron's phone during meeting. Ron moved that said model was a "friend" and cast doubts on her state of mental health. Pete moved that even so, she seemed worth getting to know better. Motion tabled.
Final order of business: Bartender moved that additional beers be consumed due to impending expiration of "2 for 1" period. Motion carried enthusiastically by burp vote.
:cheers:

sorry i missed it...apparently i should have brushed up on my robert's rules of order before i came anyways, ha ha

malphrus

Thank you Pete for the fine report sorry I missed it, sounds like youi all had a much better time than I had at jury orientation.

Yuk. I can state with no equivocation that beers and burgers were more fun than jury orientation, unless Coffee County provides same at said orientation. Even so...

The June meeting is June 2 at the Sportsman Grill. Who all is coming? We have been meeting upstairs but since the smoking law change, it is 21 and older, so if anyone objects to the smoking area or is bringing a minor we will hold the meeting down stairs.

Last edited:
Can I come? I'm a TLCA member.

i'll be tryin to make it...still meetin upstairs i presume?

malphrus

No one has objected to upstairs so guess we will meet up there.

Pete wanted a meeting report, so here it is, I drove 64 miles, meet Marius at the sportsman Grill, we talked about the Tellico Lawsuit and the June 13 SFWDA summer Convention, drank a couple of beers, ate supper and I drove 64 miles back home. Now why can't the rest of you guys that live in Nashville make it to the meeting?
I will be in route to Alaska for the Cruiser Trek on June 7, so we will not have a July Meeting and since everyone seens really busy this summer we probably will not have an August meeting either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom