Still use CB's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know a lot of you are using HAM radio. How many of you still use CB radio for trail rides, trips, etc?

I am thinking of picking up a CB radio for my truck since a couple of guys I wheel with from work have them. I am curious if it would be useful on club outings, too.

I still use one also. Even if I go get my HAM I still will keep it around.

I have one in my truck also, but most of the time my transmit isn't intelligable. Been that way for a year or so now, and I haven't been motivated to fix it, given the hugely better performance of the 2M set up.

I have only a CB. I use it with the highest antenna Luke has ever seen! (A magnetic Wilson 1000 on the roof the 4runner) A lot of wheeling groups still use CB's. Wouldn't mind having a HAM, however, especially when riding with the LC club.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a basic Cobra CB. I am thinking it will be put to good use on trail runs and for saying "breaker one-niner" over and over whenever I am stuck in traffic on the way to work.

I do HAM but in both rigs I still have CB's. Outside of RS and CLC circles most of the folks out there have CB's. Communication still needs to happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom