Still low idle for my 97 lexus lx450!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is my second thread on this issue.I told u guys that I changed my battery after the old battery is goin to retire.Then,I started to get a low idle.I drove it already for few days..still same scenario.I plugged my OBD II SCAN and threw me a code P0172.So I decided to clean my throttle body and my idle sensor(IAC) thinking it might solved the problem..but guess what..it get worst!!!I can't drive it around anymore.Everytime I turn on the engine,my idle will be in 1800 position for few minutes then,it will go down and vary every now and then until it will stall. Brought it to the mech. he said that it might be ur idle sensor not functioning well?what do u think?how u will check the IAC if it busted or working properly?is this the real problem?I already checked the hose and wires..still the same problem.Will u advise me to go to the dealer(lexus) to get the proper diagnosis?please help!!need it badly.Thanks:crybaby:

There is a test procedure in the FSM for the idle control motor.

Also a good idea to only post one thread on a problem instead of starting a 2nd one with the same question.

Have fun. :cheers:

Sorry to hijack, but i'm getting a low idle now. It idles around 600 RPM and i get a noticeable vibration. I recently cut the resonator off to install a bumper and was wondering if the computer needs to recalculate for the change in back pressure.

If u think it's the same question ,then do not reply!

There is a test procedure in the FSM for the idle control motor.

Also a good idea to only post one thread on a problem instead of starting a 2nd one with the same question.

Have fun. :cheers:

wow you're not gonna get any help around here with that attitude...good luck

If u think it's the same question ,then do not reply!

I'm pretty sure he was only trying to help, as he gave a suggestion before he gave some friendly advice in regards to forum etiquette. Take it to your mechanic and be done with it.;)

What's the normal idle? Mine stays at 600, but drops to 400 at a random stoplight sometimes.

If this is out of frustration,then sorry.It's been two weeks that I'm not abled to use my truck.Yes,my problem is the same,but Im asking a different question(read my pharagraph carefully and compare to the first thread).Is that a big SIN or unholy if ur still seeking an opinion?Am I stupid to ask the same/exact thread that I posted before?Did I say vulgar words(fawk)? If my pocket is deep,then I will not even bother to beg/ask our genious/experience members for their generous opinion.Again I apologize.
wow you're not gonna get any help around here with that attitude...good luck

If this is out of frustration,then sorry.It's been two weeks that I'm not abled to use my truck.Yes,my problem is the same,but Im asking a different question(read my pharagraph carefully and compare to the first thread).Is that a big SIN or unholy if ur still seeking an opinion?Am I stupid to ask the same/exact thread that I posted before?Did I say vulgar words(fawk)? If my pocket is deep,then I will not even bother to beg/ask our genious/experience members for their generous opinion.Again I apologize.

You need to take it easy. I know this can be frustrating but it happens to all of us at one point or another.

My first post out lines what you need to do in the first line. The FSM is a wealth of knowledge and has 5 or 6 test I'm sure to narrow down your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom