1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still looking for an FJ. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by lfootmatt, Aug 22, 2006.

1. lfootmatt

lfootmatt

72 lifted (spring over from the pics), ford 302(Yuck), wheel wells and front fenders chopped to clear big tires and travel.

SW Desert Fj40

Current owner says "Has a brake fluid leak
    in left rear drum, needs new front rotors. Could
    probably use some clutch work. The lever that
    connects to the transfer case seems to be out of
    position to engage 4 wheel drive, but probably easily
    fixed.
    No major rust, although it is not perfectly smooth.
    As you can see, the fenders have been modified for
    suspension travel......"

Rotors?..... disks already.

Link to pics:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lfootmatt/album?.dir=/f621&.src=ph

What do you think a fair price is? I'll be talking to the builder (not the current owner) tonight.

Thanks,

Matt

2. UNO_RACING

UNO_RACING

I'm no expert, but I would think that rig is worth $3,500, at the most. Has some rust, and I would be a little concerned with the blanket covering the crowl. Does it come with a top? If not, the rig is worth no more than $2,800.

My final opinion about that truck is that it seems to be an off road worthly only and it would need a lot of work to make it a daily driver.
    It all depends on what your intentions are with the truck.

3. coinless

coinless

Keep looking. There has to be better ones than that out there.

4. Leaping Deer

Leaping Deer

Media:
    Albums:
    What Uno said x2. You really have to look at what you plan on doing with the truck. Its a lot cheaper to buy a truck with most of the major parts (as I am currently finding out). If you are looking for a daily driver this probably isn't the one.

5. lfootmatt

lfootmatt

I'm looking for......CHEAP

Which usually isn't in the longrun. I know. Really, if it is offroad servicable for my november deer hunt with minimal work and $$$s, I may pull the trigger.

I've got an 01 LS1 5.7L V8 with a 6 speed tranny I'm considering for a drive line starting point.

Basically, a short term wheeler. Then a body off resto-mod into a 4X4 beast.

I've also got a stalled project FJ locally that advertised recently I'm trying to track down.

Thanks,

Matt

6. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

Look for the direction you're headed with a truck. If it is a wheeler, as you said, then this might be a good starting point but if you were looking for something for more mild stuff then this doesn't look like what you're going for. Worth wise I wouldn't know. Also make sure to test drive whatever you're looking at because if it isn't safe it's probably gonna take a lot of $$ to make it that way as i'm finding out.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">