STIHL 1110 Series (040, 041, 041 Farm Boss, 041AV, 041 Super) 1968 - 1982 (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The only thing that would keep it from seating is the rubber Sleeve/grommet that you put the metal sleeves in. Remove rubber sleeve and see it it fits.
That was it. The rubber ring replacement part is 1110-647-9000, now that I found my owners manual the correct part is 1110-007-1009 which is slightly shorter than the incorrect part. Thanks again for your help.

I really appreciate this thread. Been trying to get my grandfather's o41 working...and it was leaking oil out the front. Regarding this picture below, what are the the little metal nipple's called? (edit: bushings). They look a bit like mushrooms. Which way should they point? Actually, are they even necessary? Because when I try to put that boot on, regardless of which way those 2 nipples are pointing, the boot protrudes way too far out.

PXL_20230328_005831177~2.jpg
PXL_20230328_005937155~2.jpg

PXL_20230328_005831177~2.jpg

I've tried both ways, and the boot just doesn't lie flush.

I think the picture without the boot is how they came out.

According to this parts diagram, (you have to register to access it---i added it below) it only lists 1 bushing...and it appears the larger diameter seats up against the pitson housing...(mushroom cap points towards the oil piston)....actually...are these supposed to be on the OUTSIDE of the boot ? that parts diagram has one bushing but one could conclude it's on the outside of the boot.

ms041av-oil-pump-clutch-chain-sprocket-cover.png

Did someone add an unnecessary 2nd one? I've got 2 holes on either side.

Thanks again for the thread.

If your saw is leaking from the front. This rubber boot on oil pump is bad.
View attachment 672866

Last edited:
Yes, the bulge is what led me to ask for help.

I tried them both ways, and at that point instead of forcing something I thought I'd ask for help.

For the record, the bushing goes under the boot?

And the larger diameter goes into the oiler?

Thank you for your help.

I am beginning to think that whoever put this together last not only put the bushings in the wrong orientation, the large part of the bushings was not in the housing, I think they put in the wrong bushings.

Setting the bushings in the correct orientation does not seat deep enough to clear the end of the oiler housing.

PXL_20230328_201139311~2.jpg

PXL_20230328_201225739~2.jpg

The length of the bushing is exactly 4 mm, but shouldn't it be in standard US?

The large outside diameter is just a shade above 5 mm, or a bit over .22 in

If I'm right that these are the wrong bushings, what do you think I should do? There's a part of me that wants to just take him to the belt sander and make them fit.

Thoughts?

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom