sticky gas petal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well i went and did some wheelin today. lots of mud snad and water. i got home and cleaned it all up and took her to the gas station. I noticed when i let of the gas petal the rpms dont go down and the speed does not change. The gas petal it self come up and works normal put the carb is still gettin gas some how. if it wiggle and tap the petal it will finally stop given gas. im guessin it has to be something with the linkage. i havnt had a chance to look at it yet but i was lookin for some ideas so i dont get stumped when im lookin at it tomarrow.

also the brakes are very very soft and parking break is very loose? ideas?

majanrk said:
There is a spring on the throttle pedal which pulls it back up. Sometimes these wear out.

Yep I had to do mine last week. I also did the springs on the carb as well and no more problems.

The brakes sound like they need a bleed and adjustment .
Bleed them first,then adjust the rears and then adjust the handbrake.

majanrk said:
There is a spring on the throttle pedal which pulls it back up. Sometimes these wear out.

the petal it self is workin like normal.

The linkage is probably all gooed up from wheelin. Clean it off and re-lube it. While you;re doing it, check the return springs on the linkage to carb.

BlueBoxFJ60 said:
the petal it self is workin like normal.

So did mine but the spring does not have the last little bit torsion left to push the pedal right back.
I went through the linkages and sprayed some anti rust spray on all the moving parts,but it was the $10 spring from Toyota that fixed it.:D

The "PEDAL" may appear to be working correctly, but you won't know until you lift up on the bottom of the "PEDAL" and find out the RPM's drop- that's a sure sign of a dead spring.

BTW- a pedal is what you have on your truck. A Petal is found on flowers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom