Sticky climate control buttons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I'm having a hell of a time trying to clean my sticky climate control buttons. Ive tried holding a vacuum and wet toothbrushing them and a few other ideas but came up with no succes.

Has anyone had or tried cleaning these guys with out breaking them? Would taking off the nav deck make it easier? It's really bugging me. It's like some one poured sodi pop all in my button area.

Thanks in advance!

That's the problem it's an 04 and it's all the buttons underneath the nav screen. I don't know how to take apart the buttons with out fear of breaking them.

Mainly it's the auto climate control and I use it every time I use the vehicle. I always turn off the AC before I turn it off.

It seems like where I take it to get detailed must have got Armour all all up in there. That's the only thing I can think of that got them so gunky.

It's so bad that when I press a button it stays depressed until I fiddle with it or a few minutes pass by. Really annoying.

I have noticed that the buttons for my climate controll stick or are very hard to push. Looking at it I really can't see any debris in there but it is strange how hard they are to push. Anyone else have this problem or a solution to the problem?

In my search this is the only post that I came up with. TIA for any help.

I have noticed that the buttons for my climate controll stick or are very hard to push. Looking at it I really can't see any debris in there but it is strange how hard they are to push. Anyone else have this problem or a solution to the problem?

In my search this is the only post that I came up with. TIA for any help.

I had the same problem with the Recirc button on my '99. Apparently the small iron/steel/? contact gets a little oxidation on it and inhibits reliable electrical contact. I took it apart but its impossible/near impossible to get the rubber "button" back on after doing a little scrape work on the micro contact.

In the end another forum member sold me his circuit board, from his wrecked '99, for the lower center console that resolved the issue...but a new board is over $500 IIRC :eek:

My AUTO button often takes several hard pushes to turn on/off. I just live with it... until it stops working altogether.

Spressoman - Now that you know the issue could it be lubed without disassembly?

Spressoman - Now that you know the issue could it be lubed without disassembly?

I tried electrical contact cleaner and lube first but it really didn't help for more than a day. The real issue, near as I could determine, has to do with oxidation on the very small contact surface; scraping the little contact worked; however upon reassembly I damaged the tiny and fragile "rubber" boot that IIRC provides the springback for the button...sorry no photos.

All my buttons are sticking or not working on my 2000. Anybody have a good recommendation on how to rectify the buttons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom