Sthil 028 WB oil pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 028 WB that won't put oil onto the chain. I've taken the saw down to the plastic worm wheel but can't seem to get the actual pump out. I removed to two screws that are through the oil pump but the pump wont come off. HELP

Thanks, Kurt

@kurtlong Here is a screen shot from the parts book that shows an exploded view of the oil pump. Hopefully that will help.
028WB oil pump.png

If the pump has been on for the duration of its life, it may take some force to free it. Make sure you get a new pump gasket when you go to re-install. If you re-use the old one or leave it out, you will have a very healthy oil leak.

Have you looked at the intake tube in the oil reservoir to see if it is clogged?

Last edited:
I just saw several youtube vids on pump disassembly for (IIRC) a 25, perhaps similar, and useful to see it being done. Seemed very easy in those cases at least.

Thanks for the information. Will continue to work on the oil pump. When I took out the two screws that attach the pump I couldn't get it to budge. I suspect it is the original but just don't want to use too much force and damage something.

Thanks again

Once the screws are removed, pop it off with a little force.
The wear point will be inside the housing where the intake and discharge ports are. Once you remove the pump drive Piston, clean the bore out and look for scoring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom