Stewardship of pigs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HelloKitty65

SILVER Star
Threads
"Stewardship" first appeared in the English language about a thousand years ago.
www.etymonline.com says that steward was from the old English "stiward, stigweard "house guardian, housekeeper," from stig "hall, pen for cattle, part of a house" (see sty (n.1)) + weard "guard" (from Proto-Germanic *wardaz "guard," from PIE root *wer- (3) "perceive, watch out for")."
Good stewardship was, and still is taking care of your pig (or pigs).

Last edited:
I think any of us who aren’t merely turning them into bush trucks qualify as stewards.
I have been seeing it referenced across the classic car spectrum and generally agree, we may be getting personal satisfaction but the big spinoff is future generations will actually have these things around...seems so few are left some days, especially with certain makes/models.

It's all hypothetical to me. I don't have one. Only aspire.

I think my pig takes better care of me than I take for it. It has never left me stranded, always gotten me where I need to go in the worst of weather, and has taken me on awesome adventures (some of which may have been a bit extreme for the both of us). I should really start to take better care of it. It is older than me after all.

I think my pig takes better care of me than I take for it. It has never left me stranded, always gotten me where I need to go in the worst of weather, and has taken me on awesome adventures (some of which may have been a bit extreme for the both of us). I should really start to take better care of it. It is older than me after all.
"Respect your elders."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom